• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
calliopewail
Junior Boarder

Another shooting at VA TECH today

#95184 2 years, 8 months ago
Please pray for these students and faculty today, there is another gunman on campus. He might have been apprehended already but I am not sure. Here is the latest from vt.edu

Latest News
Thursday, Dec. 8, 2011

Police investigating shootings on campus; shooter's status unknown
(Posted: 1:49 p.m.) Shortly after noon today, a Virginia Tech police officer stopped a vehicle on campus during a routine traffic stop in the Coliseum parking lot near McComas Hall

During the traffic stop. the officer was shot and killed. There were witnesses to this shooting.

Witnesses reported to police the shooter fled on foot heading toward the Cage, a parking lot near Duck Pond Drive. At that parking lot, a second person was found. That person is also deceased.

Several law enforcement agencies have responded to assist. Virginia State Police has been requested to take lead in the investigation

The status of the shooter is unknown. The campus community should continue to shelter in place and visitors should not come to campus.

From VT Alerts (1:12 p.m.): Suspect remains at large. A police officer has been shot. A potential second victim is reported at the Cage lot. Stay indoors. Secure in place.

From VT Alerts (12:47 p.m.): Suspect described as white male, gray sweat pants, gray hat w/neon green brim, maroon hoodie and backpack. On foot towards McComas. Call 911

From VT Alerts (12:37 p.m.): Gun shots reported- Coliseum Parking lot. Stay Inside. Secure doors. Emergency personnel responding. Call 911 for help.
Hang your heart on laughing willow,
stray down to the water
deep sea of LOVE <3<3<3
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Re: Another shooting at VA TECH today

#95187 2 years, 8 months ago
WTF is wrong with people. One of my sons best friends is a student there. Can't believe something like this ( although different) could happen at VT again. So sad.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#95220 2 years, 8 months ago
I love my Hokies and pray for victims families.

But I think this university is cursed.
GOOD LOVE
Chester
More or less in line

#95221 2 years, 8 months ago
Tragic.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
calliopewail
Junior Boarder

#95240 2 years, 8 months ago
Please keep VT in your prayers, as far as I know the gunman is still at large. I just left Blacksburg to come to my home town. I am very displeased that they aren't doing any road checks for people leaving Blacksburg, the gunman could have easily left town and could be on the run. What the hell is wrong with them?
Hang your heart on laughing willow,
stray down to the water
deep sea of LOVE <3<3<3
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds