• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Bobby acoustic in Furthur

#95164 2 years, 7 months ago
of the shows I seen with guest musicians -- this past MSG show, the 3rd night at Radio City this year, the night Warren sat in at Best Buy, the night before at Best Buy with Steve Molitz -- the guest musicians were great and IMO added a lot to the music and gave it a little new twist for the night or some songs and were surely worth having play with them. I wouldn't consider it disrupting the music, just giving it a little twist, making something a bit different then they usually do with the songs

I see where your coming from though if your only doing a show or 2 and don't want to see anyone else - I wouldn't want the guest every night but I think it's nice having them every once in a while. The GD had guest musicians every once in a while to and judging by the recordings I've heard, most of them added more good to the music then bad.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#95169 2 years, 7 months ago
furthur1 wrote:
Disruption huh? Whatta a joke. They are there because the musicians on stage enjoy playing with each other. Boy what a concept enjoying life for what it is. Not what you think should happen
Just my opinion on what I like to hear and see. Conversation, you know? If I know before hand, I sell my ticket or don't go. No skin off my teeth. They play how they want to play, and I'll adjust accordingly. And while I truly do appreciate the hippie-dippy "do whatever you want, and I'll act like everything is perfectly divine"/carte blanch idealism, I cannot deny that when I'm dropping the amount effort, time, and cash to see any band, I have a strong preference for certain things. Since we're talking about them, I'm talking about mine.

MushroomMan wrote:
I see where your coming from though if your only doing a show or 2 and don't want to see anyone else - I wouldn't want the guest every night but I think it's nice having them every once in a while.
See, you get it. I get to a couple shows a tour if I'm lucky. Anything that alters the day-to-day workings of the band is of little interest to me. I'm not looking for a change of pace. I want to walk in mid-stride and experience the core dynamics and where they happen to be within the listening structure.

MushroomMan wrote:
The GD had guest musicians every once in a while to and judging by the recordings I've heard, most of them added more good to the music then bad.
We differ here as well, but that is for another conversation.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by ZenoMarx.
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#95172 2 years, 7 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
Shakeit wrote:
When I go see Furthur I want to see all of Furthur
Exactly. I pay to see this ensemble listen to each other and play off each other in their everyday electric glory. I don't want an acoustic set. I don't want full album novelty shows (especially albums from other bands). I don't want guest musicians dropping in for a song or two and disrupting the story. I'm not looking, nor wanting in any way, novelty. What they offer on a nightly basis is precisely what I want when I walk through the front door. It's more than plenty.

Exactly! I agree with everything you just said.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#95175 2 years, 7 months ago
Just give me a good ol furthur show with the good ol gd vibe! That's what get me going and coming back and that's why I love them. Save the Bobby show for a Bobby show. Surprise us with some furthur acoustic here and there but keep it simple and keep on truckin
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#95193 2 years, 7 months ago
Yes, more one on one jamming like Furthur's opening jam on 9/18/09. Phil and Bob opened the show with a nice jam just the two of them. That would be welcome more. Maybe during "Dark Star" jams, if Phil and Bob played some, then John and Phil, and then John and Jeff...etc.
furthur1
Junior Boarder

#95212 2 years, 7 months ago
Zeno I can just see you in 1970 freaking out in new York because The grateful dead has gone acoustic. Screaming for electric. Ha ha funny site n true in oh so many ways. But that stuff is now so fuckin legendary. Oh fuck you David Grisman and David Nelson stay off the stage of the mighty grateful dead you disrupt what they are. Sorry that's a bit much but think about it. Not to say I agree with the choices made in who plays because I'm not into warren Haynes really but can get down if he's in the Phil zone just because they love each other and it's so much fun to see them interact with the music that makes us all. I am an archivist that collects everything played from the GD family. And listen to a darkstar from '69 everyday. That's what gets me by but sometimes ya gotta have the other side. Sweet sweet lulaby. You can't expect the fire all the time. Sometimes the dice shakes out the ole cosmic wimp out or whatever. If they hadn't played it we wouldn't be able to take that trip down the road again cause none of us where always there. Just the band so just fuckin give them some lovin'. K? That being said hope you get warren at every show you go to ha ha never trust a prankster
さらに、
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by furthur1.
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds