• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

oops...mythbusters fails

#94824 2 years, 10 months ago
Two California families are lucky to be alive -- after a "Mythbusters" experiment went horribly awry yesterday ... sending a cannonball careening through their homes, leaving MASSIVE holes in its wake.

Sgt. JD Nelson from the Alameda County Sheriff's Department says hosts Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage were trying to figure out how effective a cannon is at firing non-cannonball objects ... but first, they had to test the cannonball itself.

The cannonball was supposed to land harmlessly in a nearby hill -- but something went wrong ... and the ball, traveling at about 1000 ft/s, went over the hill bordering Camp Parks Military Firing Reservation, and into the neighboring town of Dublin, crashing through two separate houses before finally coming to rest ... inside someone's minivan.

The Discovery Channel show has been put on hold after the mishap, pending a full investigation. Luckily, no one was injured.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Re: oops...mythbusters fails

#94827 2 years, 10 months ago
Cannonball Run

Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#94828 2 years, 10 months ago
Hope they got that on tape
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#94838 2 years, 10 months ago
My take on this mishap is they fire those guys and hire us to take over the show. Our comedic bickering about old verses young, ratdog verses furthur would add a great sub plot to the show as well as having the best background music on TV. What do you think?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shakeit
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#94842 2 years, 10 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
My take on this mishap is they fire those guys and hire us to take over the show. Our comedic bickering about old verses young, ratdog verses furthur would add a great sub plot to the show as well as having the best background music on TV. What do you think?

Hahaha.... I'm all in..we could see which youngy the cannon fires FURTHUR I'm bettin DH420 flies the farthest.
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#94847 2 years, 10 months ago
WITS...you have to stay away from wardrobe.
Hell we could do any worse than them.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#94894 2 years, 10 months ago
crew fired a homemade cannon toward huge containers of water at the Alameda County Sheriff's Department bomb disposal range.

The cantaloupe-sized cannonball missed the water, tore through a cinder-block wall, skipped off a hillside and flew some 700 yards east, right into the Tassajara Creek neighborhood, where children were returning home from school at 4:15 p.m., authorities said.

There, the 6-inch projectile bounced in front of a home on quiet Cassata Place, ripped through the front door, raced up the stairs and blasted through a bedroom, where a man, woman and child slept through it all - only awakening because of plaster dust.

The ball wasn't done bouncing.

It exited the house, leaving a perfectly round hole in the stucco, crossed six-lane Tassajara Road, took out several tiles from the roof of a home on Bellevue Circle and finally slammed into the Gill family's beige Toyota Sienna minivan in a driveway on Springvale Drive.

That's where Jasbir Gill, 42, who had pulled up 10 minutes earlier with his 13-year-old son, Manvir, found the ball on the floorboards, with glass everywhere and an obliterated dashboard.

"It's shocking - anything could have happened," Gill said after the van had been taken away as evidence, along with the cannonball.

"Crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy," said Sgt. J.D. Nelson, a spokesman for the Alameda County Sheriff's Department. "You wouldn't think it was possible."

Read more: www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/...V5.DTL#ixzz1ftSjjAHV
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#94934 2 years, 10 months ago
outrageous!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#94961 2 years, 10 months ago
i think those guys are awesome. i never see a whole program and always tell myself I'm going to get the dvd series one day and watch em all. I Think i saw those guys a t a Phil show in Berkley once...the guy with the mustache kept yelling...."Passenger!!!"
he was really annoying, but they actually played the song. just kidding..
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#94963 2 years, 10 months ago
But on a serious note, why were they ANYWHERE REMOTELY close to a residential area doing something that is so dangerous. id sue the fuck outta that show. Theyre usually in the middle of the desert blowing stuff up....why were they close to homes and kids?!!!!
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds