• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Gov. Rod Blagojevich gets sentenced to 14 years

#94774 2 years, 7 months ago
Pretty boy may have more to worry about than his perfect hair. I hope they put him in a real jail with real people, not some some country club for the 1% ers.

Maybe the other politician will learn to play by the rules. And maybe one day they will remember it's By the people FOR THE PEOPLE.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

Re: Gov. Rod Blagojevich gets sentenced to 14 years

#94778 2 years, 7 months ago
Serves You Right To Suffer ~ John Lee Hooker
Rod like so MANY ( seem like everyone in power ) politicians thought he was above the law. He def gets what he deserves here and I hope he likes a lot of starch in his meals as thats all they serve besides TIME in those places. Adios to another crooked jerk who used his office for personal gain......
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#94780 2 years, 7 months ago
He should have gotten more time. And I wish he was going to a regular prison, but he'll get some kind of min. security place.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#94812 2 years, 7 months ago
He was crooked right from the start. His election platform was all abOut how no est he was.

He screwed the Il taxpayers
The whole time he was in office.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
lysergic
Junior Boarder

#94817 2 years, 7 months ago
Blago is just not as smart as most of the democratic machine in il./chicago. most elected officials in chicago play money ball theres nothing new going on here. patronage is the way it has always worked. you could include most alderman and state politicos in that prison term. federal time=85% mandatory. Judge decreed it!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#94919 2 years, 7 months ago
wow, bout time!

he's probably going to club fed
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#95310 2 years, 7 months ago
I think the 14 years is excessive. Judicial equity is something this country misses. IE Rockefeller mandatory mins et al. There is no way he should be put in jail for 14 years.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
thinman
Junior Boarder

#95314 2 years, 7 months ago
I agree. 14 years is excessive. I find it amusing when people start posting things like "He should do 20 years!...He needs to suffer!...He should do hard time!"

First of all, the prosecution's case against him was shady and full of holes. I'm not saying he is totally innocent. He is simply paying the price for taking the government to trial. The way it works is that they offer you a sweet plea deal to ensure they WIN the case. If you assert your right to defend yourself and LOSE in trial, you get the book thrown at you.

He could have probably plead guilty from the start and gotten 5 years minus good time minus drug program time, etc. He could have served 2-3 years. He STILL maintains his innocence and I kind of sympathize with him. I DO NOT believe the government and I do not trust the information they are presenting in this case.

This is just my opinion and if some of you want to bash me for it...go right ahead!! Keep watching the corporate media and keep doing as you are told!!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#95317 2 years, 7 months ago
thinman wrote:
I agree. 14 years is excessive. I find it amusing when people start posting things like "He should do 20 years!...He needs to suffer!...He should do hard time!"

First of all, the prosecution's case against him was shady and full of holes. I'm not saying he is totally innocent. He is simply paying the price for taking the government to trial. The way it works is that they offer you a sweet plea deal to ensure they WIN the case. If you assert your right to defend yourself and LOSE in trial, you get the book thrown at you.

He could have probably plead guilty from the start and gotten 5 years minus good time minus drug program time, etc. He could have served 2-3 years. He STILL maintains his innocence and I kind of sympathize with him. I DO NOT believe the government and I do not trust the information they are presenting in this case.

This is just my opinion and if some of you want to bash me for it...go right ahead!! Keep watching the corporate media and keep doing as you are told!!

I definitely don't want to bash anyone , I enjoy different opinions, helps me and hopefully others learn. The sentence is very long, when you consider the same acts in the private sector may not even be criminal. But he was caught on tape selling a public office. I don't think there is any way to spin that, they played the tapes publicly. But I don't know a lot about Rod and this case.

When you accept a public office based on public trust you should be held to a higher standard than someone in private industry. And "they" need to send a message to the others. I believe there were 2 or 3 other Chicago Mayors who ended up serving time (or being thrown out, I forget)l. Maybe the next one will think three times before making crooked deals, although I somehow doubt it. We all plan on living forever and we all never think we can do most anything and not get caught. Or most of us anyway. I think that's human nature.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by scar1et_f1re. Reason: correct typo
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#95319 2 years, 7 months ago
he was caught on tape trying to sell a senate seat to the highest bidder,slam dunk if ya ask me good bye and good riddence sick of all these corrupt politicians term limits for all of them and no life time benefits either,let them get the same heathcare they propose for the rest of us
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds