• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

Re: The loss of civil liberties altogether...IMPORTANT

#95271 2 years, 7 months ago
agree with you^ 100% I hate when people say "oh well i got nonthing to hide" or "Im not doing anything wrong" fuck them. Are founder fathers and all the revolutionaries from our history would be disgraced that we would hand over are rights to protect our "freedoms"
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#95272 2 years, 7 months ago
ICantFindMyFace wrote:
"anyone who would give up a little liberty for security, deserve neither, and will lose both."

I am not for giving up any liberty, but if you think we're not fighting a daily war against people who are trying to kill innocent people here in the US and many other places you are mistaken. The president of our company was in charge of the NY office of the CIA for years. He's generally quiet about things, but at our annual holiday party he usually gives me general updates and tells me some in the trenches stories. The ware on terror is a very serious war with deadly stakes; dirty bombs, antrax, etc. Many of these people live in poverty and have not much to lose. And they look at us as enemies because we have great lives here. You remember the celebrating after 9-11? Look at Iran today, showing off the downed US drone to Russia and China so they can hopefully gain intelligence they can use (against us?)

We are kept in the dark on many things. And it may not be popular but I'll take my chance with being held without charges as long as it keeps the real bad guys locked up for life. And will some innocent person get caught in the web, perhaps. Sorry but collateral damage in the big picture.

But I do not think this law was drafted so the government can hold innocent people without charges.

I'd love to see the CIA take these mother freakers outside of the country and waterboard them then chop their fucking heads off and dump them in the swamp where they belong. Why should we pay to house them, put them on trial and then give away all of our secrets? I believe this law helps with that agenda, not necessarily the killing and torturing, but taking them outside the US and doing what needs to be done.

We need more Clint Eastwoods. You feel lucky punk?

Anyway, just my probably unpopular 2 cents.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#95276 2 years, 7 months ago
DangerousDan wrote:
agree with you^ 100% I hate when people say "oh well i got nonthing to hide" or "Im not doing anything wrong" fuck them. Are founder fathers and all the revolutionaries from our history would be disgraced that we would hand over are rights to protect our "freedoms"

So if in order to put Caliel Shaek Mahaamad on trial, the mastermind of 9-11 (miss-spelled I am sure), if we had to explain to a jury, in a public courtroom exactly how we caught him, and that keeps the other guys from getting caught, doesn't that disturb you? You think he deserves the same liberies and you and I?

By the way, if you were accused of doing something bad in his country, you think you'd get a trial by a jury of your peers?

You can hate opposing positions, I understand and years ago I was 100% aligned with your thinking. I was so pissed that W didn't even bother to get search warrants (that would have been issued), rather he instructed people to just wiretap everyone. I don't know what changed in me, part age, part living in NYC area I think and seeing first hand what Osama did (it definitely is something I can never forget) or maybe even seeing part of what happened in Cuba in the terrorist holding cells.

But I am still willing and able to fight for what I believe in, and fight like hell. This is just one case where I think it is necessary to give the people fighting this war the tools they need.

~Peace Out
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
sidemouse
Junior Boarder

#95337 2 years, 7 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:

I'd love to see the CIA take these mother freakers outside of the country and waterboard them then chop their fucking heads off and dump them in the swamp where they belong. Why should we pay to house them, put them on trial and then give away all of our secrets? I believe this law helps with that agenda, not necessarily the killing and torturing, but taking them outside the US and doing what needs to be done.

~Peace Out

...looks at avatar

"Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us.”
Jerry Garcia

www.conservation.org
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds