• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

The loss of civil liberties altogether...IMPORTANT

#94653 2 years, 4 months ago
www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2011/12/05...ties-americans-face/

www.suntimes.com/news/otherviews/9283238...one-he-wants-to.html

If Obama doesn't veto this National Defense Authorization Act, we all are screwed. Anyone have any thoughts?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: The loss of civil liberties altogether...IMPORTANT

#94662 2 years, 4 months ago
Chilling.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#94776 2 years, 4 months ago
I guess it's not that important lol
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#94779 2 years, 4 months ago
Let it burn! America that is. Theres no chance at "Change" theres no way of turning this ship around it must sink and be rebuilt. Viva la Revolucion not a peacful revolution the 60's proved that didnt work. We the people, need to take back our country from the hands of tyrants.

edit: I do honestly believe its too late but with people like Ron Paul theres a miniscule chance
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by DangerousDan.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#94781 2 years, 4 months ago
It is important but it's a new world imo and it's also important to stop the terrorists. Stopping terrorists needs to be a high priority right now. Left alone they will try for bigger and badder. I have no doubt about that.

The bad guys use our system against us. From what I read we don't / can't prosecute some of these people because the trials would allow too much secret information to become public. I believe that is accurate. So I understand the desire for secret trials.

I'm personally divided on this. I personally wish they would torture the real bad guys out of the country. But I don't want innocent people tortured. So I am at a loss.

I would be willing to give up some of my rights if it would help stop the terrorists. We already go through invasive searches at airports, etc.

So important, yes, very much so. And I am a firm believer in following the law and the constitution. If you break one provision in the constitution where do you stop? When they began torturing suspects after 9-11 I was opposed. I suppose something changed with me because now years later I am somewhat in favor of it. I suppose I now believe the ends justify the means.

Holding US Citizens in jail without charges (Jose Padillia) is disturbing to me. But lately, we've even assassinated US citizens who have become operatives in terrorist organizations. And I hope the intelligence is accurate, because I am in favor of flexing our muscles to take out the really bad rogue killers.

Are you (Patchmyfurthur - or others) opposed to this because it gives up some of our rights? If you were told that this would be a powerful and perhaps necessary weapon to stop terrorism would your thinking change?

BTW, I thought a jury not of your peers is unconstitutional, but I may be wrong there.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#94783 2 years, 4 months ago
DangerousDan wrote:
Let it burn! America that is. Theres no chance at "Change" theres no way of turning this ship around it must sink and be rebuilt. Viva la Revolucion not a peacful revolution the 60's proved that didnt work. We the people, need to take back our country from the hands of tyrants.

edit: I do honestly believe its too late but with people like Ron Paul theres a miniscule chance

Revolution in the 1960's definitely brought the kids home from Vietnam. And most of them were 18 - 23 year olds. As many as 1/2 a million + at it's peap. It did take some time. But when mass protests erupted around this nation, and vietnam vets threw away their medals in DC, the powers that be resigned the presidency and Nixon and Kissinger were forced to end the "conflict".

And Dr. King and his followers did amazing things for blacks in the US.

Protests take time to work. Change did not happen overnight in the 60's. If the occupy movement can hibernate and emerge strong in the spring, I think / hope it will gain strength and the politicians better freakin listen.

A great watch is the history channels special on the Vietnam war. Especially the last two episodes. They show a lot of protests and how it did work back then. It's still on free "on demand" by me and it is great.

I think if you tear down the US we will never be the same.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#94887 2 years, 4 months ago
this forum is about a week behind the real world when it comes to news/current events
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#95063 2 years, 4 months ago
I never knew the Occupy movement was a terrorist organization, but they are being treated as such.

So no, I do not support it.
GKB
Senior Boarder
'Seems like i been here before"

#95132 2 years, 4 months ago
NDAA is the finishing touch of the police state we live in. we have no freedom any more, its all an illusion and soon it will be troops on the streets to quell the uprisings. OWS is the other side and we have all seen what has happened to that movement. When we gather in July for World Peace(Rainbow), the gov't has been on full tactical alert for training purpose for what is to come. We the people will rise up or We the people we will surrender all we are, it's our choice not theirs. STAND AND BE COUNTED! TAKE ACTION, NOT ORDERS!! PREPARE!!
"If you get confused just listen to the music play"
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#95264 2 years, 4 months ago
"anyone who would give up a little liberty for security, deserve neither, and will lose both."
Time to create page: 1.03 seconds