• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Should bobby clean up the look?

#94619 2 years, 4 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
wlewis wrote:
you know i am actually finding myself in the exact same predicament as of now...

used to have hair halfway down my back and thick mutton chops, for years...when i started doing my student teaching type stuff in college i cut it all off, my own fraternity brothers didn't even recognize me when i came home, looked like a completely different person...

Seriously, there's actually a fraternity that will accept someone with long hair?? Not what I think of as the old stereotype for sure!

sue when i walked into the zeta house they had some fall 73 playing throughout the house, they offered me some doses, we smoked kind bud, and there were 60 pound nitrous tanks..wait am i at college, or..... wait.....

it was weird. complete opposite of what you're thinking by the word fraternity.. we used to hit a lot of shows together, occasionally one person would wear their colors and some random alumni would swing over recognizing it and shoot the shit, pretty funny.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Chester
More or less in line

#94621 2 years, 4 months ago
wlewis wrote:
sue when i walked into the zeta house they had some fall 73 playing throughout the house, they offered me some doses, we smoked kind bud, and there were 60 pound nitrous tanks..wait am i at college, or..... wait.....

it was weird. complete opposite of what you're thinking by the word fraternity.. we used to hit a lot of shows together, occasionally one person would wear their colors and some random alumni would swing over recognizing it and shoot the shit, pretty funny.

No. That sounds like my fraternity house. It was full of Deadheads. Loved every minute of it.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
calliopewail
Junior Boarder

#94623 2 years, 4 months ago
I love Bobby's look and I wouldn't change a thing about him even if I could!
Hang your heart on laughing willow,
stray down to the water
deep sea of LOVE <3<3<3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, wlewis, MushroomMan, doodahman66
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#94628 2 years, 4 months ago
wlewis wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
wlewis wrote:
you know i am actually finding myself in the exact same predicament as of now...

used to have hair halfway down my back and thick mutton chops, for years...when i started doing my student teaching type stuff in college i cut it all off, my own fraternity brothers didn't even recognize me when i came home, looked like a completely different person...

Seriously, there's actually a fraternity that will accept someone with long hair?? Not what I think of as the old stereotype for sure!

i'm jealous, fraternities are not quite like that down in the south, but my take on bobby's look is the guy is 64 years old he can do whatever he wants i say keep it or shave it whatever makes you feel comfortable with yourself bobby...i shaved right before thanksgiving after 6 months of not shaving, boy did that feel weird
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#94951 2 years, 4 months ago
OK Captains obvious, I know Bob can do what Bob wants, that is not the point. I am just wondering why he would want to look like a raggedy old man. This has a lot to do with people speaking of his mess ups at shows. Or wondering if he is sick or spaced out. He looks terrible as Joel said. Logically I can conclude with certainty that a cleaned up Bob would drop a lot of the crap about his flubs. He forgot lyrics from the beginning, but there was never the concern we see now.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#94953 2 years, 4 months ago
Bob looks great, it's the rest of the band that needs to let their hair do what it wants
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#95037 2 years, 4 months ago
As Bob once said....'when Jerry checked out.....it was like a body blow".... Go figure all...
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Bilbo.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#95042 2 years, 4 months ago
I think the moustache needs to be trimmed and the beard shaved off the neck, but otherwise I like the fact that he's not clean cut anymore. Shows his maturity. Although the problem with shaving clean now would be that he would look old. The beard and stuff hide the aging that is most definitely happening to his face.
deadegad
Gold Boarder

#95082 2 years, 4 months ago
I like Santa Bobby. . .. The Elder of the tribe(in look). . .. He's getting older. . .. From the film Unforgiven: "We all got it comin' to us!"

Yet imagine Bob with a Faux-Hawk!
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#95107 2 years, 4 months ago
brokenarrow wrote:
Wow. You knew Moses and Abraham ....I could be mean but Im not. We all have opinions and you have one. Good luck making a career in music.

Im not going to make a career in music cause im coming down too hard on my joking around about bobs beard? Oh shit. Tell that to Ike turner he used to beat his wife and he was famous. Tell that to Axel Rose, Ray Charles, and Jerry garcia...they all had heroin addictions and were famous as all hell. Maybe tell Michael Vick the multi millionaire who used to be fine with torturing dogs. ALL SUCESSFUL and famous. I dont beat women, do heroin, and love to see animals being respected as they should. OH shit my flaw is that I was too harsh in a thread about Bob Weir's facial hair...i was only kidding. If you think my fate depends on joking around about a beard...I DEFINATELY aint gonna make it cause Ive done way worse shit than have a strong opinion about a beard. Ive also done MANY great things for people and my karma bank is overflowing like the Ganges River in India. Good luck with your taking shit so serious....a conversation, really a joke, about Wiers beard? ...really? ok...tootaloo !!
Time to create page: 0.82 seconds