• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
PsychicPyramid
Junior Boarder
HEAVY VIBES

Re: How do you deal with seat savers?

#94970 2 years, 4 months ago
Unfortunately, I was too young.
Actually, I recently asked my dad (whose first show was pigpen's last in 1972) why he never took me to see the dead when I was little (born in 87)
and he didn't have to think twice about saying, "Son, Jerry was a mess, it was unbearable."
I love the idea of a bunch of beautiful people and ethereal tapestries, don't get me wrong-
it just comes off as a little inclusive at first glance
Union Pacific, out of Cheyenne, from sea to shining sea
The following user(s) said Thank You: stealmyface
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#94974 2 years, 4 months ago
I've never had problems with people invading my space, maybe I give off a bad odor or something. Never really cared if people had their own spots saved because normally I'm not wanting to sit down anyway, but that's just me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stealmyface
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#95023 2 years, 4 months ago
Slewfoot wrote:
Did you ever see the GD? Every single GA venue, indoor or outdoor (w/o seats) was a field of tapestries, tie dyed sheets, blankets and tarps. This was the way it was and I don't recall anybody complaining about it back in the day.
Maybe I'm wrong here in my understanding of the discussion, but I think there's a difference between families and groups of friends laying down the picnic atmosphere at Shoreline or Alpine Valley vs. claiming territory and creating an adversarial situation for an imaginary group of people. The latter is selfish and flies in the face of any sense of community that might remain within us. It's just about being considerate and thoughtful, and some people completely lack that element in their actions.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#95025 2 years, 4 months ago
I saw people saving seats the first two years that I went in 2008 and 2009.
In 2010 I went ahead and saved two seats with a sweatshirt for my wife and I.
I had plans on useing them after the first hafe of the show when we were tired of dancing.
But I felt bad and plus I was triping so hard I didn't even need the seats.
So I grabbed an older coupl from my family that couldn't fined seats and gave the seats to them.

What I learnd is dont be greedy and if you are able to be on your feet all night then do it.
You will be helping somone who need it a seat.
Pluse be clearing my conscience my tip was more injoyible.

The Music Never Stopped...
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#95029 2 years, 4 months ago
What's worse?

Tarpers/Seat Savers or those that rush the stage after the lights go down, crowding out those that have been standing there for a while.

Either situation can turn out good or bad. It all depends on the mindset and atitude of the people involved, on both sides of the deal.
Takin' it in stride!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#95199 2 years, 4 months ago
I agree that saving an entire row is ridiculous but if you have a seat and you get up to use the bathroom and leave your coat there, the seat is saved. Last year at BGCA I did just that, came back and these guys were sitting on my wife and I's seats and coats. Then there was the uneasiness of getting the seats back. There is also something to be said for getting to the venue early. If you waltz into the venue right as the band is starting you can't possibly expect to find a really good seat. But of course there's always people who think they are entitled to do whatever they want.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#95207 2 years, 4 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
What's worse?

Tarpers/Seat Savers or those that rush the stage after the lights go down, crowding out those that have been standing there for a while.

Either situation can turn out good or bad. It all depends on the mindset and atitude of the people involved, on both sides of the deal.
both groups suck
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZenoMarx
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#95218 2 years, 4 months ago
Red rocks works best if the entire venue is reserved, then there is no saving seats. The worse thing they do (Furthur shows for example) is have the first and last 25 rows GA and everything in between as reserved. I hate when they set it up that way. All it does is cause numerous confrontations which shouldn't be the point of a concert. There is nothing worse at RR than someone giving you a perfect view of their ass because they are standing in front of you. GA at RR still means one person per seat not 3 per seat. I also just love (NOT) when people set up a blanket or tarp on the ground in front of the seats, trapping you in, forcing you to walk over the top of them. Why do people make everything so damn hard???
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#95244 2 years, 4 months ago
At/about the 2003 TOO NYE show (Hunter and tower of power opened I think), a woman had her massive blanket that sat about 8 people spread out about 1/4 back from stage. She deligently paid out her bags of stuff to help reinforce her border. A ton of drunks and trippers proceeded to move forward because the lights were about to go down and she was spending her time focused on the bags and her little border. I was looking forward to seeing her have a full on mental meltdonw because she was already loosing the battle- when the lights go down forgetaboutit..... too bad I moved because it got crazy tight up front.
Time to create page: 8.25 seconds