• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

Re: How do you deal with seat savers?

#94648 2 years, 4 months ago
The tough question is how long do I hang out on the lot before I stand in line with my friends so we get good seats?
By standing in ling together there shouldn't be any need for seat saving.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stealmyface
formerly FLJen
Junior Boarder

#94699 2 years, 4 months ago
There should be a rule. One seat saved per person (bathroom, drinks, go puff etc). Any blanket, scarf or other space marker for more than the size of one person is going to be moved. Too bad too sad for the saver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Daisy Mae, stealmyface
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#94703 2 years, 4 months ago
PsychicPyramid wrote:
I went to both nights on the NYE run last year, and had tickets at will call (which apparently only like 20 people had, and we had a separate line to get in early both nights). When I got in on both nights, there were already people on the floor with tapestries and duck tape, marking off huge portions of the floor. At first I was a little weary, but they all turned out to be really nice people.

But come on.. really..? for an indoor concert..?

Really? Well, I'm sure everyone kindly paid attention to their demarkations and left them plenty of room. Right up front, too, probably. What a laugh! Complete waste of time on their part, I'm sure. As soon as the music starts everything changes.
And what have you got left at the end of the show? A wet, torn, dirty tapestry with duct tape stuck to it. I can't even keep my stuff laid down against the wall from getting wet from drinks spilled. (This year I think I'll bring in a garbage bag to put my stuff in so it's still dry when I leave)

It just goes to show you people will try anything on for size.

The only designated area on the floor is the taper section.

Sometimes, if there is a parade, there is a pathway laid out on the floor in duct tape, whose space is cleared right before the parade.
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Daisy Mae.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#94705 2 years, 4 months ago
hate to say but our music, scene, and lifestyle choices breeds inconsiderate and oblivious people young and old.

1 in 10,000 comes for the show!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#94911 2 years, 4 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
hate to say but our music, scene, and lifestyle choices breeds inconsiderate and oblivious people young and old.

1 in 10,000 comes for the show!!

how does the music breed inconsiderate and oblivious people?

i agree with your 2nd statement!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Chester
More or less in line

#94917 2 years, 4 months ago
A lot of folks don't really follow the music, and only see it as a chance to party. But, it's been like that for quite a while.
There's room for all types, if we just respect each others space, and don't get too greedy with the seat saving.
I think the consenus here is, it's ok to save one seat at a GA show. More that that is not cool.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, stealmyface
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#94927 2 years, 4 months ago
most people don't know the real reason for the "tazing" of this U of F student. it was excessive seat saving.

seat savers beware!!!
Chester
More or less in line

#94928 2 years, 4 months ago
"Don't tase me bro!"
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#94937 2 years, 4 months ago
somebody help me!

reminds me of a video I saw recently of this lady on a plane who they had to kick off for some reason and when security came and pulled her out she starts screaming "help! somebody help me" and everyone on the plane just started laughing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae, stealmyface
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#94947 2 years, 4 months ago
PsychicPyramid wrote:
I went to both nights on the NYE run last year, and had tickets at will call (which apparently only like 20 people had, and we had a separate line to get in early both nights). When I got in on both nights, there were already people on the floor with tapestries and duck tape, marking off huge portions of the floor. At first I was a little weary, but they all turned out to be really nice people.

But come on.. really..? for an indoor concert..?

Did you ever see the GD? Every single GA venue, indoor or outdoor (w/o seats) was a field of tapestries, tie dyed sheets, blankets and tarps. This was the way it was and I don't recall anybody complaining about it back in the day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PsychicPyramid, stealmyface
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds