• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Debit card info skimmed at Bay area Lucky Stores

#94200 2 years, 9 months ago
Lucky's customers in the SF Bay area who have used the self-checkout may have had their bank accounts compromised, and the store is recommending all customers who used the self checkout to close their accounts. First it was at the gas stations, now at the supermarket. I just last week used the Safeway self checkout for the first time. Now I think I will not use my debit card anywhere but at the bank.

I was already going to recommend that visitors to SF for NYE pay cash at any establishment that is not their hotel or bank. I spent one day in Chinatown last year, bought a few things at a few stores, ate at an awful restaurant, etc., and when I got home the next day there was a call from my credit card company that my card had been canceled by them because a purchase had been made, in person, on my card, at a Macy's in Colorado. To keep your vacation from getting screwed I suggest cash only transactions, or bringing 2 credit cards, and only using one for all purchases, and reserving the second one in case of info theft. Under no circumstances should anyone use their debit card except at the bank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, 23atwell
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Debit card info skimmed at Bay area Lucky Stores

#94205 2 years, 9 months ago
good looking out i hate to use debit cards most charge a fee everytime you use them your better off using a credit card just pay the balance,if your credit aint so hot you can get prepaid credit cards ,like gift cards still better off than debit cards
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#94231 2 years, 9 months ago
Thats some useful info daisy mae thanks!!!
Chester
More or less in line

#94237 2 years, 9 months ago
Good advice. This kind of thing happens too easily. And seems to get worse around the holidays. Theives suck.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds