• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: was LOSER the straw that broke the camels back??

#94483 2 years, 10 months ago
^^couldn't of said it any better. instead of wishing someone else should sing and letting it ruin your time, everyone should just enjoy the music for what it is.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#94510 2 years, 10 months ago
wlewis wrote:
that loser was a disgrace, sorry everybody. i've seen them perform the song many times, that was the first time weir was singing it, and it stunk. it was too fast. interesting you bring this up. i wonder how john feels about those things.i've never considered his feelings before, i've always looked at him like a hired gun. if i had a dollar...

scarletfire-- they are defintiely playing for money. tickets wouldn't be 60-80 bucks if they weren't stacking cash for their posterity and philanthropic urges.

edit: my comment above might be misinterpreted. i don't think money is the number one reason they tour, it's obvious they tour because they enjoy it, it's their life, it'swhat they do. but if they didn't care at all about money things would probably be a little different

I relistened to the loser again. My 2 complaints of the song is bobby's cadence of the vocals and short guitar jam. In fact, now that I think of it, Bobby does not sing the lyrics like he used to. I know when people age, the rhythm of the words is very different. Same in Sugaree. I would not say it stunk though lewie.

I do not give it much thought about Bob or Phil being crotchety old dicks towards the others. To me it goes against the fabric that has always made the band.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
StaggerLee13
Junior Boarder

#94585 2 years, 10 months ago
...and bobby fibs up in loser in syracuse.. now i remember.. listen to it.. kind if early on he fumbles the words... I truly love bob weir. And in canandaigua over the summer bobby messed up the begining to promised land twice in a row.. now for that, i chrered because theres an innocence to that... but when he fibbed in loser it was bad
.. i do take this band with a grain of salt .. feeeling extremely lucky every time i see them.. my only hope is maybe one of the band members catch wind of this and that john comes out next tour singing bird song and west la fadeaway
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#94666 2 years, 10 months ago
doin_that_rag, I totally agree: If Furthur did end I'd certainly continue with whatever came next. But I think Ratdog and Phil & Friends might sound different for those guys having had the Furthur experience.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Equinox.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds