• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

Re: wow just got back from a big gigantic show...

#94011 2 years, 10 months ago
I hear you! Electronic shows seem to be more about the party then the music, with furthur there is a few of those worms in there but overall i always get the vibe that majority is there for the music. Thats why ive seen them 19 times and cant stop there, the energy, music and people is what draws me back. Yes thank god for furthur and the beautiful people that surround them! Spring tour cant come soon enough (~):}
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#94019 2 years, 10 months ago
Lol when I read the thread title I thought you went a large show!
The voices tell me what to say
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#94025 2 years, 10 months ago
be careful about letting other people getting drinks for you unless your a fan of GHB ,ya never know what someonemight put in it
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#94043 2 years, 10 months ago
funky420 wrote:

That is what I thought too!!!
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#94058 2 years, 10 months ago
Wow I can so relate to this story. Several yrs back Ratdog was supposed to play a show with SCI in Camden right around Thanksgiving. Well this was the year they cxld the fall tour. But SCI was still going to play the gig and a few of us went. The first set was alot of fun kinda bluegrass/deadish. Then they come out for the second set & its all this electronic disco type shit and the kids are bouncin up and down like pogo sticks ( I'm thinkin I am in the wrong place). It was horrid. I was wondering wtf hapooened to that band from the first set? Whole set super loud electronica type shit ( I don't know how else to describe it. ) We "endured" the shit. Finally they came out for the encore and played the Peppers " Gived it Away" which was really good. Still to this day don't know wtf happened during set 2 ... invasion of the body snatchers?
The following user(s) said Thank You: calliopewail
calliopewail
Junior Boarder

#94300 2 years, 10 months ago
funky420 wrote:

Hahahah yeah I thought some people may perceive it as that after I posted it but nope it was a small show maybe about 50 people for a band named Big Gigantic.
Hang your heart on laughing willow,
stray down to the water
deep sea of LOVE <3<3<3
calliopewail
Junior Boarder

#94303 2 years, 10 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
be careful about letting other people getting drinks for you unless your a fan of GHB ,ya never know what someonemight put in it

very true but this was a nice middle aged woman so I didn't really think of that happening but you never know!
stray down to the water
deep sea of LOVE <3<3<3
calliopewail
Junior Boarder

#94304 2 years, 10 months ago
mattgill wrote:
I hear you! Electronic shows seem to be more about the party then the music, with furthur there is a few of those worms in there but overall i always get the vibe that majority is there for the music. Thats why ive seen them 19 times and cant stop there, the energy, music and people is what draws me back. Yes thank god for furthur and the beautiful people that surround them! Spring tour cant come soon enough (~):}

Yeah the kids at this show were all about the drugs and the party you could really tell the moment you arrived but it was actually entertaining to see them all jump around like a bunch of crazy ass drugged up kangaroos. Unfortunately half of them prob were on x and I hate to see kids gettin into that shit. The crowd that Furthur brings really are the most kind, I feel like I am with my family with the majority of people at Furthur. I just would have loved to been at The Grateful Dead shows back in the day when I bet 99% of the people there were positive, loving, caring and completely there for the music and the love.
stray down to the water
deep sea of LOVE <3<3<3
Chester
More or less in line

#94311 2 years, 10 months ago
"crazy ass drugged up kangaroos"

Ha! I'm sorry, I just loved that. Really, I can relate. I got a free pass to Camp Bisco a few years back. I enjoyed myself,
and I'm glad I expereinced it once. But, wow! Crazy ass drugged up kangaroos, is a great way to describe most of the
audience.

(And I'm glad there's a place for crazy ass drugged up kangaroos to hang out together. )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
calliopewail
Junior Boarder

#94314 2 years, 10 months ago
Chester wrote:
"crazy ass drugged up kangaroos"

Ha! I'm sorry, I just loved that. Really, I can relate. I got a free pass to Camp Bisco a few years back. I enjoyed myself,
and I'm glad I expereinced it once. But, wow! Crazy ass drugged up kangaroos, is a great way to describe most of the
audience.

(And I'm glad there's a place for crazy ass drugged up kangaroos to hang out together. )

Hahahah yeah I mean really that's what came to mind but I didn't want to offend anyone by saying that. I am glad you got to go to Bisco, I am sure it was a good experience..AND FREE hell yeah. You made me laugh with this reply. Thank you:)
stray down to the water
deep sea of LOVE <3<3<3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds