• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
calliopewail
Junior Boarder

wow just got back from a big gigantic show...

#93979 2 years, 4 months ago
Well that was an experience, man oh man.My friend who likes electronic music paid for my ticket so I went. That was my first electronic show besides the few I saw at All Good. I hate to be negative but man that was so not my scene. I was so outta place and I tried to enjoy it to the fullest but it was LOUD, hot, crowded and there were all kinds of sketchy people there. The band had a sax and some drums so that made it a little cooler but still I wouldn't call it music. I saw a lot of people with dead stuff on and that made me a little more comfortable but it still wasn't my place. I could really only think about gettin out of there and goin to a real show with real music. Sorry to be so negative and I apologize to those who like this music but I just thought I would share my experience. Something funny did happen though, I was hangin out with this chick named sunshine there that I had just met when I sat down at the bar and she was cool. We were swapin show stories, she has seen sooo many Grateful Dead and Furthur shows so that made me happy. She offered me a hit of L and I turned it down because I had already gotten into some other stuff..and she was sharin beer with me and whatever. So about an hour into the show I gave her five bucks to get me some beer..and then she didn't return. I found her dancing near the stage and asked her where my beer was...she handed me a cup of water! hahah I laughed and told her it was water, so then she went to get my beer which she had set on the floor..WOW of course it was spilt over and she was so out of her mind that she didn't even realize that I was kinda upset about it. Instead of trying to explain to her I needed my money back or more beer I just gave up because at that point there was no getting thru to that woman. Thanks for reading my long ass story! Over all this night made me realize even more where I belong music wise. THANK GOD FOR FURTHUR!
Hang your heart on laughing willow,
stray down to the water
deep sea of LOVE <3<3<3
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, amusingdeva
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: wow just got back from a big gigantic show...

#93981 2 years, 4 months ago
Amen sister, thank god for Furthur!!!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, calliopewail
calliopewail
Junior Boarder

#93982 2 years, 4 months ago
Man oh man, I cannot wait for the next good show I go to! The Bob show I was supposed to go to in April sold out the day tickets went on sale..so hopefully Furthur does something in between now and then or shortly after.
stray down to the water
deep sea of LOVE <3<3<3
Chester
More or less in line

#93985 2 years, 4 months ago
Yes, I've heard of Big Gigantic. Interesting, but not really my thing. Sounds like we all need a Furthur fix.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: calliopewail, amusingdeva
calliopewail
Junior Boarder

#93986 2 years, 4 months ago
That we do, I hate to be impatient about it because I know they need a break. They work so hard to keep us happy but I know they have to love it just as much as we do or they wouldn't have kept it up as well as they do. I just miss them and I really want tour to be earlier than its lookin like its gonna be.
stray down to the water
deep sea of LOVE <3<3<3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#93990 2 years, 4 months ago
Yea, I tried a similar techno gig once upon a time. SO nor my scene either! Was trying to broaden my horizons but I think I'll stay in the rut I am in, thanks very much.

And they were totally searching people and not letting them bring in ball point pens....What am I missing here?
calliopewail
Junior Boarder

#93991 2 years, 4 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
Yea, I tried a similar techno gig once upon a time. SO nor my scene either! Was trying to broaden my horizons but I think I'll stay in the rut I am in, thanks very much.

And they were totally searching people and not letting them bring in ball point pens....What am I missing here?

Yeah exactly, i know what you mean. I am always looking for new music but I know techno/electronic will never be on my list. The ball point pen thing I am not so sure about, thats real strange. Lucky for me this place I went tonight was real small and they didnt do bag checks so i got to bring in some fun treats and a flask:) haha!

" I LOVE WHAT I LOVE AND I WANT IT THAT WAY "
stray down to the water
deep sea of LOVE <3<3<3
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#93992 2 years, 4 months ago
Yea, it was odd as I have been to this venue dozens of times and they never search people - at all - so it was the crowd this music attracts for sure. Anyhow, it's good to try unfamiliar music upon occasion , one never knows.... But once you've had the experiences all if us have had, it is difficult to find that somewhere else.

6 more days until I at least get a Phil fix....
calliopewail
Junior Boarder

#93993 2 years, 4 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
Yea, it was odd as I have been to this venue dozens of times and they never search people - at all - so it was the crowd this music attracts for sure. Anyhow, it's good to try unfamiliar music upon occasion , one never knows.... But once you've had the experiences all if us have had, it is difficult to find that somewhere els

6 more days until I at least get a Phil fix....

Man aint that the truth. Have fun, I know you will! I will be there in spirit.
stray down to the water
deep sea of LOVE <3<3<3
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#93995 2 years, 4 months ago
NYE run is coming up pretty soon!
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds