• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Re: The best show you ever saw ?

#9871 3 years, 3 months ago
I have enjoyed all the Furthur shows (and Ratdog and Phil & Friends and The Dead, and Bobby and the Waybacks...) I've caught but I've particularly enjoyed 12-30-2010,( and also 12-30-2009) and on 9-19-2009, during I Know You Rider I knew this band was going to be really great. Special shout out to Bobby at the Spencer Dryden Benefit at Slim's , sitting in with so many of my favorites. That was really special. Phil & Friends at Fort Mason also really special. It's a good world.
Jack_Straw
Junior Boarder

#9909 3 years, 3 months ago
Colorado Greg wrote:
Okie wrote:
3-24-93 Chapel Hill, NC.

It was my best friends 21st birthday. We had an absolute blast and the show was awesome!

I know the guy who worked the board patch from Healy, love the soundboards!

When did Heally stop running the sound??
cut his buddy down
vaporized
Fresh Boarder

#9937 3 years, 3 months ago
The Stones at the Double Door in Chicago, a bar with 500 capacity. That has to be my favorite show ever.

My favorite Dead show might be from 88 at the first Capital Center show in Maryland. They busted out Ripple for the first time in a while. The place was electric.

JGB at Poplar Creek in 89 with Clarence Clemons was also memorable.
LDowling
Junior Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#9941 3 years, 3 months ago
Lafoo wrote:
Hampton VA 3/27/88 Incredible!!
Richmond VA '85 Outstanding
Nassau Coliseum '90 w/Branford Marsalis
Henry Kaiser Oakland CA in the late 80's were all fun as well as the Greek & Frost shows

That Hampton show was spectacular... as was that Nassau show!!! Always loved when Branford showed up- such an exquisite conversation between that sax & guitar. Branford actually came to the Middle school I used to teach at to play with the kids in Jazz band one afternoon. I did an art lesson with a Jazz component which served as the backdrop on the stage- I kept asking the kids who played in the jazz band if they knew what a big deal it was that he was coming, but being 12, not sure if they got it- but I did ;o) I told him afterwards how much the deadheads appreciated his playing with the Grateful Dead. Cool guy.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
starchild
Fresh Boarder

#9993 3 years, 3 months ago
trying to think of the best show is very hard, whether GD or non GD. but one of my favorite GD shows is

Madison Square Garden, New York, NY (9/16/91)

Feel Like a Stranger
Bertha
New Minglewood Blues
It Must Have Been the Roses
Dire Wolf
Queen Jane Approximately
West L.A. Fadeaway
Music Never Stopped
Don't Ease Me In

Mississippi Half-Step
Saint of Circumstance
Comes a Time