• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
dept.
Junior Boarder
Church of the Imagination Divine

advice on t-shirts

#93687 2 years, 8 months ago
Have not made shirts in 20 years and was thinking of making shirts for next tour. I was wondering what everyone's favorite brand and style of t-shirts would be these days ?

I would like to use shirts that are very comfortable and last long.

Thanks.
clowns_detail.jpg
iLove,
---Dept.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: advice on t-shirts

#93696 2 years, 8 months ago
Why do I find that clown just a little disturbing?
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#93711 2 years, 8 months ago
Equinox wrote:

it's not identical to pennywise by any means but have you ever seen IT? clowns just don't look right after viewing that as a kid.

for me, i look for the non tie dye tour shirts. too many that all look identical to each other and every tour.

got a great west coast one in 2010

FurthurSpring2011141.jpg

front

FurthurSpring2011142.jpg

back
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#93720 2 years, 8 months ago
Good question. Every time I get a gd shirt they shrink and look like crap after a while. You are talking about the quality of the shirt right?
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#93724 2 years, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
Equinox wrote:

it's not identical to pennywise by any means but have you ever seen IT? clowns just don't look right after viewing that as a kid.

It's not exactly Pennywise, but that's what came to my mind too. You didn't have to be a kid to have that one scare the crap out of you. Tim Curry is so brilliant!!

pennywise.jpg

Dept, sorry to get off the subject! My shirt input would be 100% preshrunk cotton, and Hanes usually hold up best. Very nice one, Burt!
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#93740 2 years, 8 months ago
I like the thick durable hanes as well. A hint to those who hav e shirts thatg fade after a lot of washing I found its the dryer that cracks the pint and fades them the most we never use a dryer on any of our GD shirts always hang dry them the prints will last much longer and the dye will stay brighter.
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
dept.
Junior Boarder
Church of the Imagination Divine

#93756 2 years, 8 months ago
yeah, i want to make the best shirt possible and starting with a good brand and style of brand is important.i have been looking for shirts that are softer than others,and i have heard that "ring spun cotton" is the softest. American Apparel have good looking shirts but they are twice the price of other shirts, which would bring the cost of the final printed shirt up too much for me.
Any input would help... as there are so many different brands and styles out there.

and as far as the clown picture goes...that is not what i would be printing on the shirts. i just put that up for fun. Those clowns were artwork on sheets going around in the late 80's, and the sheets came packaged in little red envelopes with gold chinese writing on them - now that is a quality product !
iLove,
---Dept.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#93765 2 years, 8 months ago
Make some long sleeve......and lots of XXL, your customer base has gained a few in the past score of years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tucson John
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#93766 2 years, 8 months ago
cant go wrong with hanes beefy t shirt ,tagless TO care for t shirts use cold water wash only preferably hand wash,turn inside out , dont use fabric softner never put in dryer,i have t's that are 20 yrs old
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#93789 2 years, 8 months ago
I agree. Hanes Beefy T's are the best. 100% cotton, pre shrunk. And I agree with wlewis,
a plain silk screen, on a colored shirt, is best. Tie dyes are cool too.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds