• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Rock Med saved me.....

#94675 2 years, 10 months ago
well orange juice always seems to increase a mushroom trip - or at least make all the colors much brighter if nothing else but I always feel a huge rush after drinking some OJ during a trip - some people say it dosn't but I don't think theres any question about it
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#94677 2 years, 10 months ago
I heard niacin can help in a bad trip but I don't remember the validity of it.[/quote]

Niacin (NADH-dependent enzyme)
"One of the metabolites of LSD in the human body is 2-oxy-lsd.
It is formed by liver microsomes by an NADH-dependent enzyme,"
Nicholas J. Giarman (1967). ref. (Axelrod 1957; Hoffer 1955)
Use of nicotinic acid (niacin, B3) to abort psychosis - "We have
given the subject 100 ug. of LSD; at the height of the experience we
injected intravenously 200 mg. of nicotinic acid. Our experience has
been that, within a matter of two to five minutes, almost all of the LSD
phenomena disappeared, and the subject claimed that he was entirely
normal," Abraham Hoffer (1956)

Also seems to work for drug tests:

I have a friend who has to take a drug test every month. He still regularly smokes pot, and beats his drug test every time.

His method is to take 5000mg of niacin for four nights in a row before taking the test. Niacin is a natural health supplement, which can be purchased at any vitamin store. The niacin bottle has a warning not to take more than 1000mg per day. When he takes the 5000mg of niacin, he gets the shakes, heavy sweating, and breaks out in hives. But, he beats the drug test everytime, so it seems to clean out his system.

Apparently, since niacin is a legal natural supplement, the drug test does not register it as a masking agent to beat the drug test.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#94683 2 years, 10 months ago
yea I mentioned this in another thread but when my buddy was looking to join the Air Force his recruiter told him to use niacin and he did and it worked but my buddy also said that stuff made his entire body feel like it was on fire!
formerly FLJen
Junior Boarder

#94694 2 years, 10 months ago
Great story. They've helped me too. I was not high or drunk but had a losing conciousness issue.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#94697 2 years, 10 months ago
lostsailor wrote:
Chuck_Woolery wrote:
Why orange slices? I like orange slices, but is it the vitamin C or sumthin?

I don't kow- but I bet it's a placebo effect- just eat this and I promise you'll feel better. It changes their focus?

I heard niacin can help in a bad trip but I don't remember the validity of it.
sounds about right its all about talking to the person in extreme cases ,where someone is in danger of hurting themselves or others they'll shoot ya full of thorazine ,and its lights out
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#94738 2 years, 10 months ago
I have never heard of Rock Med. I will certainly look for them when out in Cali... I would love to say hi and Thank you!
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#95236 2 years, 10 months ago
I never needed them, but during the Atlanta 2010 show my brother (a paraplegic and wheelchair bound), so we had the disabled section off to the right (which was pretty sweet considering it was a tight crowd).

Apprently there was a problem- the old theater's backstage area's bathroom, where the wheelchair bound was to use, was over a step, and the medic volunteer approached us right before show time and said he'd be around, just let him know there's a need and he'll be right over to help them into the bathroom. I got to talk to him and he was a really nice guy. So these guys and gals deserve a big thumbs up!!!
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds