• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Tiki Mon
Junior Boarder

Re: Rock Med saved me.....

#93688 2 years, 8 months ago
Great thread. Have seen Rock Med come to the rescue at many shows and they're always great guys. Truly grateful for all that Rock Meds do.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#93770 2 years, 8 months ago
jodiah wrote:
I've actually been considering doing research on tour for a journal article (I'm currently working on a PhD) to find out where people who are a part of traveling communities receive health care. Some are lucky enough to have private insurance, some of us use medicaid and other public services, some use the services at venues, some go to hospitals and give fake names because they can't afford services, and I know there are some who do not receive any health care. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Do you think it's a worthy pursuit or think the band would like to find out about their fans' health care?
def a good idea not just touring peeps but lower income folks too, i notice a lot of express medical care places poping up
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Sharicee
Junior Boarder
Love you all!

#93779 2 years, 8 months ago
Rock Med is the bomb! At Phils 70th B day, I was walking in the lobby and a younger guy totally passed out and fell to the ground. I walked up quickly to check out if he was breathing or needed CPR, as I did my inital survey Rock Med was there with a gurney to save the day and maybe the young man's life!! In a few years I will volunteer with them but now I like to see shows and party like a rockstar!
Too pat to open and too cool to bluff...
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#93868 2 years, 8 months ago
23atwell wrote:
No doubt wits I take a prilisec before every show now. Especially this nye. I encourage anybody who takes to much to fast to see rock med on nye. They will help you and there really nice about it. They have brought my friend out of a bad trip before. When your heading out of bill g on nye at the end of the show all the way to the left, they have a stand and it's cool to go get some gatorade.

How do you bring someone out of a bad trip? Now that is a skill.

Those folks are great. Saw them in action at Shoreline. Chick had a seizure behind us in line getting in. Ticket taker lady yelled for them and they literally sprang into action. Probably great training for them in medical aid in highly populated urban environments..
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#93872 2 years, 8 months ago
Chuck_Woolery wrote:
23atwell wrote:
No doubt wits I take a prilisec before every show now. Especially this nye. I encourage anybody who takes to much to fast to see rock med on nye. They will help you and there really nice about it. They have brought my friend out of a bad trip before. When your heading out of bill g on nye at the end of the show all the way to the left, they have a stand and it's cool to go get some gatorade.

How do you bring someone out of a bad trip? Now that is a skill.

Those folks are great. Saw them in action at Shoreline. Chick had a seizure behind us in line getting in. Ticket taker lady yelled for them and they literally sprang into action. Probably great training for them in medical aid in highly populated urban environments..
give them oranges slices and talk to them and assure them everything is going to be okay is the most common method
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#93904 2 years, 7 months ago
Why orange slices? I like orange slices, but is it the vitamin C or sumthin?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#93941 2 years, 7 months ago
dont know why
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#94622 2 years, 7 months ago
Chuck_Woolery wrote:
Why orange slices? I like orange slices, but is it the vitamin C or sumthin?

I don't kow- but I bet it's a placebo effect- just eat this and I promise you'll feel better. It changes their focus?

I heard niacin can help in a bad trip but I don't remember the validity of it.
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#94647 2 years, 7 months ago
I was always told milk would help. But in experience watching others, not so much.
PsychicPyramid
Junior Boarder
HEAVY VIBES

#94651 2 years, 7 months ago
depends on the trip, depends on the tripper
Union Pacific, out of Cheyenne, from sea to shining sea
Time to create page: 0.80 seconds