• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Don McGurrin
Fresh Boarder

Re: Best Festival?

#9743 3 years, 6 months ago
legendaryrob wrote:
(ilagally) unlicensed security, nonrepsonsive e/obstructionsist management, as regards violence on the event site, etc. not a safe environment for fans OR vendors, no concidence that furthur is same weekend this year, IMO

I don't think I have ever been to a festival that has licensed security. i'm not even sure what that is. Most just have there own staff taking care of things.
Chester
More or less in line

#9788 3 years, 6 months ago
I'll throw in a vote for Grassroots. Never been to Teluride, but I imagine they are somewhat the same, Minus the beautiful mountains.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
legendaryrob
Fresh Boarder

#9823 3 years, 6 months ago
every reputable festival uses properlyl icensed security. bonnaroo, for example, contracts with alpha & omega mounted patrol of southlake, TX. (which makes sure that ALL their employees are properly credentialed by the jurisdiction they work in) ALL persons working security at bonnaroo hold proper credentials.not only that, when two A&O personnel were caught stealing from fans/vendors in 08 by the promoters production crew. they were (promptly) FIRED.

arkansas law REQUIRES any security company be properly licensed thru the arkansas state police's security/PI licensing division.

.wakarusa does NOT use a properly licensed security company.

wakarusa also uses an insurance company of questionable repute-the 'philadelphia insurance company'.

Trust me, If anyone should know *I* would.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by legendaryrob.
godblessthefreaks
Fresh Boarder
Shine On

#9891 3 years, 6 months ago
i vote vibes as well. my first was bobbys first in 2000.i even started doing the vip package.its worth paying for convenience at my age.yeah,bridgeport isnt the kindest of places.but,i have never had a problem.the vibes really creates its own city for 4 days. to me ,it wouldnt matter where it was held.the music and freaks overshadow any harsh reality in my temporary summer Eden. then,sunday night you exit the gates back to reality.
Time to create page: 1.49 seconds