• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Re: NYE petition thread

#93375 2 years, 9 months ago
OtherOne wrote:
I'd like to see an acoustic set from this band, but I don't think NYE would work very well. NYE needs to be a high energry, balls to the fucking wall show imo. After 2 nights of dancin and partying, people would fall asleep during a NYE acoustic set

thanks for saying that much better than i did. your post exactly sums up my thoughts. i'm all for Furthur doing acoustic sets, but NYE just isn't the right night to do it.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#93385 2 years, 9 months ago
if you read the original post it say's I would like one acoustic set during the nye "RUN" not necessarily on NYE itself.
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, rockinbob
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#93391 2 years, 9 months ago
Maybe I'm wrong...but I like to think us "deadheads" are sophisticated enough to enjoy a nice acoustic set before the fireworks start on NYE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#93464 2 years, 9 months ago
i think so as well but i'd like the placement at the very end of the night....maybe a special encore of a trio of accoustic tunes or something to that nature, but a little natural love to start the show would be just as welcome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#96201 2 years, 9 months ago
So I was hoping for an acoustic set during the New Year Run but after seeing spring tour with 8 nights at Beacon I wouldn't be surprised if they did some acoustic there (like RCMH 1980)
The voices tell me what to say
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#96206 2 years, 9 months ago
I LOVED the Black Throated Wind Bobby did on Tri.. I wouldn't mind hearing that acousticly.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#96210 2 years, 9 months ago
I'm in, but I say add a 3rd mini acoustic set on dec 30th. Maybe a 5 or 6 song acoustic 2nd set on dec 30th, and then a rocking electric 3rd set. That acoustic set for Phil's 70th was awesome, though alot of the awesomeness was generated by Jackie Greene's Brokedown, and Chris Robinson's Peggy-O and 2 Souls in Communion.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#96241 2 years, 9 months ago
I would love to see an acoustic set with monkey and the engineer!
Phil never plays acoustic bass does he?
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#96278 2 years, 9 months ago
Phil does play stand up acoustic bass.. they used to do a lil 3 song acoustic miniset -between sets when they toured as The Dead. I know I saw one in Camden.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#96282 2 years, 9 months ago
phil has played a regular acoustic bass before too, i don't know when i wasn't there i want to say philharmonia last year?

he capped off the phil a thon in 2007 with an acoustic 2nd set and he played the stand up, wasn't a big fan, not his style.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds