Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: So Who's Headlining Bob's Accoustic Tour

#93298 2 years, 9 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
wlewis wrote:
you're totally right dude

You would save yourself alot of aggravation if you just realized I am ALWAYS right. Now pass that shit this way! oh and while we arfe at it.. do you know the answers to my rock n roll trivia without googling or internet searching?

hardly WITS, hardly. i don't know, you might be too old to be hip to my vaporizer man, the geezers are always blown away by it. but hey if you want to get down that's ok. i didnt click into the thread i held my pointer over it started reading it and wasn't that interested. i will check it out later when i have time. i should be getting in my car right now to leave for our happy hour show

Why you always got to bring age into it ... have fun tear up the happy hour... oh and I was hipper than you can ever dream about being before Daddy & Mommy even thought of making you. I believe I read your 24... so before you were born I had allready been seeing the Grateful Dead WITH Jerry Garcia up and down the east coast for 6 years. So in essence while you were in diapers poopin & peein yourself.. I was flying in Alpine Valley, Deer Creek, Foxboro, Buckeye...... I'll allow you to kiss the ring in SF ... the youngies are always blown away by touring history.

Burt, I'm usually non-violent, but if you want to smack him around a little while you're out there, I'll provide the bail money!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#93300 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
you're totally right dude

You would save yourself alot of aggravation if you just realized I am ALWAYS right. Now pass that shit this way! oh and while we arfe at it.. do you know the answers to my rock n roll trivia without googling or internet searching?

hardly WITS, hardly. i don't know, you might be too old to be hip to my vaporizer man, the geezers are always blown away by it. but hey if you want to get down that's ok. i didnt click into the thread i held my pointer over it started reading it and wasn't that interested. i will check it out later when i have time. i should be getting in my car right now to leave for our happy hour show

Why you always got to bring age into it ... have fun tear up the happy hour... oh and I was hipper than you can ever dream about being before Daddy & Mommy even thought of making you. I believe I read your 24... so before you were born I had allready been seeing the Grateful Dead WITH Jerry Garcia up and down the east coast for 6 years. So in essence while you were in diapers poopin & peein yourself.. I was flying in Alpine Valley, Deer Creek, Foxboro, Buckeye...... I'll allow you to kiss the ring in SF ... the youngies are always blown away by touring history.

i did it just for you man.

you're right, that did happen, but really, i can't say anything about it i wasn't there physically, maybe in spirit who knows. yup 24 chief. i'll kiss nothing, maybe your wife at midnight on NYE, run your life steal your wife , everyone loves to hear a great ol' GD story, as long as the person telling it is tolerable to be around for longer than 30 seconds. you're competing with stories from the 72, 73-present better have some good ones that don't all revolve around how high you were
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#93305 2 years, 9 months ago
rojimmy1968 wrote:
I mean he needs one.

LOL.....

ouch. way to bring bad vibes man.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#93307 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh I can keep the kids entertained by the campfire all night. I HOPE to hang with some real old timers and listen to their stories. Unlike todays youth I respect my elders and LOVE to hear old GD stories from the late 60's early 70's. But at least I was ALIVE when they were going down .... ask me about the greatest ticket story ever told when we meet out there.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#93308 2 years, 9 months ago
I take a shared responsablity for that.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#93324 2 years, 9 months ago
Bout an hour past 4:20 on my coast and about to hit it again somewhere. Maybe that's all the confusion here? If I were a good dr, I'd recommend a double dose of Sue's Lost Sailor. Hey, it couldn't hurt. Good version Sue, I never heard that one, I've been obsessed with his black throated wind and the music never stopped.

I can tell you in westbury the nitrous mafia will be the warmup band. PSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. At least it they were the last time DSO played westbury.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#93327 2 years, 9 months ago
holy moly, this sure is a volatile thread. i've never visited the PZ site, so i have no idea the dynamic over there. however, it really surprises me that people who love the GD can be haters toward any member of the band (living or dead). sure, i have my favorites... and if it came down to seeing Phil or Bobby on a given night, I'd prbably go see Phil 9 out of 10 times. but i still love Bobby and wouldn't criticize anyone for making a choice that's different from mine.

also, the tension that sometimes exists between older heads and the younger generations has never made any sense to me. when i started going to GD shows in 1985 i occasionally ecountered some of the snobbery of older heads who felt a sense of entitlement because they saw the band in the 60s and/or 70s, but i also found a lot of love from older heads that enjoyed seeing new generations come onto the scene. my philosophy is this: 1) if you show respect you should receive respect, 2) if you love the music and are a positive contributor to the scene that's what matters most.
Chester
More or less in line

#93333 2 years, 9 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
holy moly, this sure is a volatile thread. i've never visited the PZ site, so i have no idea the dynamic over there. however, it really surprises me that people who love the GD can be haters toward any member of the band (living or dead). sure, i have my favorites... and if it came down to seeing Phil or Bobby on a given night, I'd prbably go see Phil 9 out of 10 times. but i still love Bobby and wouldn't criticize anyone for making a choice that's different from mine.

also, the tension that sometimes exists between older heads and the younger generations has never made any sense to me. when i started going to GD shows in 1985 i occasionally ecountered some of the snobbery of older heads who felt a sense of entitlement because they saw the band in the 60s and/or 70s, but i also found a lot of love from older heads that enjoyed seeing new generations come onto the scene. my philosophy is this: 1) if you show respect you should receive respect, 2) if you love the music and are a positive contributor to the scene that's what matters most.

Don't dwell on it taperTsquare. You have the right idea. There are always a few who feel their experience entitles them
to act superior to others. I welcome all. I see the younger generation through envious eyes. They get to discover this
as though it were brand new. I embrace that, and only offer encouragement. As for PZ. I'm sure it was founded with the
best of intentions, but has devolved into something a bit more juvenile. And, I know there are a lot of good folks there, but
somehow, they seem to have lost their voice.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, scar1et_f1re
rojimmy1968
Visitor

#93881 2 years, 9 months ago
Well if Bob is truly ill...I totally wish him well and a speedy recovery.

But I still stand by my original post.

Bob solo accoustic is a fucking snoozer....I've seen it.

I'm sure he's a great guy, but the man has been a drag to the music for over a decade and remains Chester the master of Cheese.

You want to call it hatin' go right ahead, but its my opinion and it aint hate in any way.

Now go shove some pixy dust up all your asses...becuase god forbit someone speaks whats on their mnd.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#93896 2 years, 9 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:

amen, thanks trent.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds