• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Any Words of Wisdom on Smartphones?

#93134 2 years, 8 months ago
Island Head wrote:
My friend has a droid and loves it. Takes great pictures and video and has a bigger screen then most. If Sprint works good in your area then they probably have the cheapest unlimited plan if you are going to be a data hog I got an i pad recently and it's great for streaming but does not seem to be compatible with the furthur site to upload files and pictures. I still have a land line and never use is, not sure why I still have it

That's why I have a droid. I hate that we can't upload pics on our IPad. I use my phone when I want to do that. Why would apple not make that happen? Pisses me off
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#93139 2 years, 8 months ago
I have an iPhone and absolutely love it. I would be lost without it. Ev
En thought it doesn't have flash there is an app called photon that works like a flash player. The new 4s has a great camera now so that that's what I would go with. Archive.org app allows you th play any band you have in iTunes library to be played without downloading so you have all of archive . Org playable on phone. Itour.furthur app is reason enough. You'll love it too.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#93141 2 years, 8 months ago
Words of wisdom? Don't get one that is smarter than you...
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, iraqistatefair
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#93142 2 years, 8 months ago
HTC Sue has worked great for me, just dont set it down anywhere in public like I did and you will be safe! Best of luck on your choice!!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#93145 2 years, 8 months ago
SunshineSue: I have a iPhone 4 and am on Verizon and dropped the landline a long long time ago with no regrets - except when I cannot find my cell phone, I cannot call it from the landline to make it ring!

I got mine when they first came out with iPhones for Verizon so I got the unlimited data plan for cheap. Now I think unlimited is something outrageous now (like $80!); otherwise you have to monitor your data usage so you do not go over. The electronic lifestyle is spendy!

Had a super cheap old Samsung before that so cannot help you compare with other smart phones... Good luck!
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#93146 2 years, 8 months ago
Funny story: My wife and I both have a BlackBerry on the same Sprint Unlimited plan, I am on her account. Last month when we were at the shows I was being a Data Hog sending lots of pictures and surfing the web. After we got back Sprint called my wife and asked if there was a child using my line.
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

#93150 2 years, 8 months ago
the people you call yes make commision and will try and sell you on certain phones and accesories i for one am holding out for the galaxy nexus to come out it will be thru verizon and it looks like its gonna smash the other phones currently out search about it it looks sweet.
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#93155 2 years, 8 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
I have an iPhone and absolutely love it. Archive.org app allows you th play any band you have in iTunes library to be played without downloading so you have all of archive . Org playable on phone. Itour.furthur app is reason enough. You'll love it too.

Wow! Now that's the first thing that made me want to think about an iphone. Anyone know if there's an equivalent capability for a droid?

And may I say that you people are wonderful- this is SO incredibly helpful!!!!
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#93163 2 years, 8 months ago
One last iPhone thought -- if you use anything that uses a GPS, it really sucks up the batteries. I use this MapMyWalk app when I go hiking to get the mileage and such and it is a battery drainer....
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#93164 2 years, 8 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Tmglf2 wrote:
I have an iPhone and absolutely love it. Archive.org app allows you th play any band you have in iTunes library to be played without downloading so you have all of archive . Org playable on phone. Itour.furthur app is reason enough. You'll love it too.

Wow! Now that's the first thing that made me want to think about an iphone. Anyone know if there's an equivalent capability for a droid?

And may I say that you people are wonderful- this is SO incredibly helpful!!!!

andorid app info
Time to create page: 0.82 seconds