• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Comes A Time

#92812 2 years, 11 months ago
There's several versions posted here, that are all excellent. Thanks. And that may 77 run, was the GD at their best for sure.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#92816 2 years, 11 months ago
May 23, 1972. England just take a listen get a good copy too super special
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Dire Wolf.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#92845 2 years, 11 months ago
This song grabbed my attention from the moment I heard Jerry sing...

"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand and says dont you see?"

Of course who doesn't love that line. I loved Furthur's performance of this tune in St. Louis a few weeks ago. It ended so beautifully I can't get over it!

Gotta make it somehow on the dreams you still believe!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
derek92
Junior Boarder

#92919 2 years, 11 months ago
Of course who doesn't love that line. I loved Furthur's performance of this tune in St. Louis a few weeks ago. It ended so beautifully I can't get over it!

me too listening to it now
i love john kadlecik's playing
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by derek92.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, FurthurFlower67
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#92928 2 years, 11 months ago
I just love the Richmond '85 version (DP 21), one of my personal favorite moments of GD magic. The band nearly collapsed near the end of Jerry's solo, leaving many to think he was fighting the elements. Surprisingly, the drummers came to the rescue in a moment of triumphant improvisation, circling the collective back on point. The leader of the band drew many tears that night with transcendent versions of High Time (with a rare and glorious solo), He's Gone and She Belongs To Me. Everyone needs to hear this second set, focused and uninterrupted. Thanks to Doug Oade for capturing the best recording of 'one' of the most memorable shows of the decade.

www.archive.org/details/gd85-11-01.oade.connor.9217.sbeok.shnf
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Slewfoot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, Ken
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#93018 2 years, 11 months ago
I have a dicks picks Richmond 85 with He's Gone > Spoonful > Comes a Time. I can't get enough of that little section. One night I spent the whole night trying to come down listening to that on repeat I just thought it was the greatest thing! lol
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#93026 2 years, 11 months ago
Thanks all I've got some serious listening to do, that May 77 show made my day!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#93028 2 years, 11 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I have a dicks picks Richmond 85 with He's Gone > Spoonful > Comes a Time. I can't get enough of that little section. One night I spent the whole night trying to come down listening to that on repeat I just thought it was the greatest thing! lol

Yeahhhh...forgot that one..

It's not always the CAT but the Combo.
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#93043 2 years, 11 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:

It is one of the greatest 2nd sets of the 80's. Make sure to listen to the audience recording in my above post... I doubt you will ever go back to the dry DP recording. What a rare treat to be transported back like it was yesterday... as close to a time machine as you will ever get! Everyone needs to put on good headphones, lay back and enjoy the glory of this recording! Thank you Doug Oade!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

#93044 2 years, 11 months ago
Shifting gears slightly, I think that Buffalo show is hands down among the best ever....living in the shadows of that Cornell show (which of course is fab)....

One of the top 5 versions of Music. Too bad only a spliced version exists. Love it.

Speaking of top versions, etc, have y'all checked out this super cool site: (if not...do so NOW)

gratefuldeadprojects.com/

~love and peace~
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds