• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
TylerTerrapinCurtis
Junior Boarder
Tyler Curtis

Re: GREAT VENUES TO CONSIDER for Furthur Summer To

#9417 3 years, 4 months ago
Wellmont Theatre in Montclair NJ. 2200 capacity. Old Movie theatre fixed up to be beautiful. Been a venue since 07. 25 minute drive from NYC. Buses and Train station .5 miles from venue. Amazing sound. Seated balcony, 4 level gen admission standing lower level.
Great security, a Bowery Presents venue. Disco Biscuits, Levon Helm, Yes, DSO, Greg Allman, David Byrne have played there. DSO brings a big crowd, so the market is there.
Really cool arts mini city/metropollian area scene. Very easy to get there.
Buy the ticket, take the ride..."
ShakedownBlog.com
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

Re: GREAT VENUES TO CONSIDER for Furthur Summer Tour

#9422 3 years, 4 months ago
times union center 3 nights please or spac !!!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
TheWuby
Junior Boarder
If you get confused just listen to the music play

#9645 3 years, 4 months ago
captaintony wrote:
TheWuby wrote:
Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, OH- Outdoors
Buckeye Lake ( I think its called Legend Valley these days) Near Columbus Ohio, Outdoors and camping

I don't know if Buckeye Lake is still open. They have shows every now and then, but not like in the past.

I havent been there since 1999 when Ratdog and hookah played, it was still buckeye lake then, but Ias far as I know they still have Hookahville there every memorial day (at least this memorial day for 100% sure), Im fairly certain that's why Nelson ledges never really has anything going on for memorial day weekend(relatively close proximity). if you go to hookahville's website, it gives you a link to Legend Valley's website. Cant tell if its the exact same property or size as buckeye lake was, but from what I here it is still a pretty large place. On the history section of the site they mention that the Dead played there in 1988, just thowin' it out there as a possibility
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#9649 3 years, 4 months ago
I gotta keep plugging STAGE AE OUTDOORS IN PITTSBURGH! its seats like 5000, nestled right inbetween PNC Park and Heinz Feild so there are PLENTY of lots for the head to lay claim too. And, there is even a grass LAWN to us to enjoy! Not a parking lot. Not cement. A GRASS LAWN IN DAHNTAHN PIXBURGH!

Since its DAHHTAHN, hotels are near by. Food and bars are near by. And since its owned by Heinz Field, like I said, PLENTY OF LOTS! I bet the music can even be heard in the LOTS!

It'd be a SICK place for a Furthur show!
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Deadhead4Obama.
Simple
Fresh Boarder

#9660 3 years, 4 months ago
Lowell, Mass ,YES
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
duker
Fresh Boarder

#9669 3 years, 4 months ago
How boit a furthur fest type weekend in the east - Buckeye or placid or somewhere in the hills...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#9670 3 years, 4 months ago
I think Worcester ,Ma The last show there was amazing tons of space for lots all over the place and inside was relexed as all could be . A mutli night run would be just what the docter ordered .Now if we could keep the damn nitrous away i think it would damn near perfect place
jenbrightsky
Fresh Boarder

#9678 3 years, 4 months ago
Lowell, MA
SPAC
The Gorge
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#9729 3 years, 4 months ago
redhead deadhead wrote:
OtherOne wrote:
wngfan wrote:
the-gorge-400x400.jpg

The Gorge in George, WA. Whos up for a Roadtrip??? Camping.... great view, great sunset. The Dead rocked it in 2009.

No better place to see a show in the country. Hope they play there on the west coast leg

Am I the only one who thinks the Gorge is WAY overrated?The views are awesome to be sure,but:
it's in the middle of NOWHERE
the vending/concessions SUCK
the lawns are too steep and far from stage
It's a hard to get around venue

I think you're alone. Its GA, so you can sit wherever you'd like (including the floor) The views are spectacular and they have the best sound system of any outdoor shed I've been to (and I've been to pretty all of the major sheds across the country)
Colorado Porky
Fresh Boarder

#12116 3 years, 4 months ago
red-rocks2_2011-04-14.jpg

Nuff said....but then I'm a bit biased for sure!
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Colorado Porky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#12118 3 years, 4 months ago
Alpine Valley WI
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#12121 3 years, 4 months ago
Grateful fredhead wrote:
I think Worcester ,Ma The last show there was amazing tons of space for lots all over the place and inside was relexed as all could be . A mutli night run would be just what the docter ordered .Now if we could keep the damn nitrous away i think it would damn near perfect place

Keeping the Hippy crack out is nearly impossible..... Worcester is a great venue but I would love to see some overnight venues
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds