• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

GREAT VENUES TO CONSIDER for Furthur Summer Tour

#9267 3 years, 5 months ago
Blue Claws Stadium Lakewood NJ...
(Only a short 15 minute ride to The Jersey Shore/Boardwalk)
Bob Dylan has played there a few years in a row now, as well as other large acts...
less than 1 mile from exit 89 S. on Garden State Parkway..
great tailgating venue...(& considering its location, right in the middle of Philadelphia & N.Y.C.)
THE PLACE WOULD SELL OUT IN NO TIME!

lakewood.blueclaws.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t427
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Simple
Fresh Boarder

Re: GREAT VENUES TO CONSIDER for Furthur Summer Tour

#9269 3 years, 5 months ago
Lowell------------Boarding House Park or the Lash.
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#9270 3 years, 5 months ago
Simple wrote:
Lowell------------Boarding House Park or the Lash.

Lowell ,Ma ????
Lafoo
Junior Boarder

#9278 3 years, 5 months ago
My backyard
Ace#11
Junior Boarder

#9281 3 years, 5 months ago
Binghamton Mets stadium ! Oh yeah !
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#9282 3 years, 5 months ago
eatin crab at MERRIWEATHER POST. haha. It would be a bit of a drive for me to get there but I love that place.
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#9283 3 years, 5 months ago
Not so much a venue but a city. It really does boggle my mind, obvious bias aside, of course... how Hershey gets so overlooked. Not just by Phil/Bobby/etc, but by most bands in general.

There is access to numerous major cities which is inviting for a band looking for a quick and easy night's pay from Pittsburgh to Philly, Philly to DC, DC to NYC, etc...

Also, there is a variety of venue sizes and configurations available, from the full stadium size of Hershey Park Stadium (approximately 35,000 capacity if need be) to the Star Pavilion (same stage as the stadium, with it facing backwards, holding about 7,500 - 9,000) and the GORGEOUS Hershey theatre (1,500 to 2,000 capacity)..

Again, obvious bias here, but logically it should be a stop that is made more often than it is. Maybe it is a generally stuffy, slightly uptight area, but the positives far outweigh the negatives in my opinion.

Phew, felt good to get that off my chest, and no... I was not paid or otherwise compensated for this message.

Thank you.
Ace#11
Junior Boarder

#9284 3 years, 5 months ago
Hershey sucks ! the cops are horrid there, You will go to jail for drinking beer ! I HATE HERSHEY ! They dress up in tie dyes and bust people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bitzer87
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#9290 3 years, 5 months ago
Funny, I've seen about 30 shows at Hershey, half after turning 21... drank every time, didn't act like an idiot, watched police on horseback go by, even had a chat with one.

There are obvious stories everyone could tell about nearly every venue... Some snowball into ugly rumors. In my opinion, just because a venue isn't a free for all doesn't make it a police state like Hershey is often times made out to be.
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#9293 3 years, 5 months ago
I hope there are a few intimate venues again this summer. Penn's Peak and the Sherman Theater were intense last year!
If it rolls, sink it.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds