• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Phil's Book-Searching for the Sound

#92141 2 years, 9 months ago
I've been leafing through the pages of my copy since this discussion began. I've only read it once, and found it to be
an emotional roller coaster. I was going to wait for a bit longer to read it again, but I find my self just picking random
paragraphs, and enjoying that. This caught my attention. The very last paragraph.

"Like family members who still celebrate with one another after the patriarch of the family has passed on, my brothers and I
play on, and I always feel Jerry's presence at our shows. No one can be replaced in the hearts of those who love them, but
I still feel the necessity to play-for those who come to dance, and those who hope to find magic, communing together with
friends and family."

Thank you Phil.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue, FurthurFlower67, doin_that_rag
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#92149 2 years, 9 months ago
And thank you, Chester, very much, for posting that passage.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#92184 2 years, 9 months ago
I really enjoyed the book, and also the CD that came with it. The "Box of Rain", the very last song ever played by the Grateful Dead, is haunting. When you listen to Phil sing the final line, it really sounds like he knew that it was over for the band. It gives me goose bumps.
Without love day to day insanity's king
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#92230 2 years, 9 months ago
I do love this book!!! As Chester stated it does send you on an emotional rollercoaster. But it just makes me feel so much more grateful we still have Phil!

I remember when I first got it I couldn't put it down til I finished it. And I've picked it up countless of times after. If you don't own this book YOU NEED TO!

I love you PHIL!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#92233 2 years, 9 months ago
You can order it in hardcover here for $11 (new) with shipping. www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/03160099...F8&condition=new

I'm going to add this plus a few more dead books for the holidays. Any suggestions for other books? (I know there is a thread somewhere)

Thx in advance.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#92235 2 years, 9 months ago
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds