• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jk420
Junior Boarder
At least I'm enjoyin' the ride

Re: A question for anyone who's seen a NYE show

#91890 2 years, 4 months ago
Thanx for all the support gang! We've known each other since the early 80's...we were never together but knew each other from going to shows and high school, etc...Long story short, we both went thru being married and all that stuff and didn't even see each other for like 15 years...but we actually lived only 2 miles from each other without knowing for like 10 years...small world, right? Then after we were both divorced, we met up coincidentally 5 years ago, started dating...then once Furthur started, it's been like reliving our youth all over again!!

Sooo, we had decided to do NYE this year instead of buying each other a bunch of average gifts for xmas. But it wasn't until about a month ago that I decided to propose to her on NYE. This is going to blow her mind!!!! My plan is to have my camera on video, then let someone nearby know my plan and have them take the video hopefully...but act like we're gonna pose for just a picture with my girl and then get down and do it. I'm hopeful I can make it happen like i want to:woohoo:
violetgoo
Junior Boarder
a full-blown deadhead

#91891 2 years, 4 months ago
been to the past 5 at bill graham (phil and friends included here). its just like they said: 1st set>set break>whoo whoo people the midnight hour is close at hand here is a lot of hype and now its 10-9-8-7....3-2-1... happy new year and they drop balloons and people do the whole happy new years and kissing thing and that is your cue to get down on your knee. then hopefully they will break into a be-fitting love song for the first song of the first set of 2012. good luck on your marriage! come to the drum circle at golden gate park hippie hill the next day to furthur your celebration! its every day there from about noon til dusk (unless the weather is really crappy) (youtube hippie hill drum circle and you can see what you are in for)
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#91893 2 years, 4 months ago
What a wonderfully sweet, thoughtful plan!! I know the moment will be as special as you're hoping it will be!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jk420
jk420
Junior Boarder

#91894 2 years, 4 months ago
Awesome...I will def check out the hippie drum circle
violetgoo
Junior Boarder
a full-blown deadhead

#91896 2 years, 4 months ago
oops- they did 2 sets before midnite- i forgot to put that in so its really set 2>set break> whoo whoo people midnite is almost here...

but you will have a good idea of what time it is when they start, when they break etc and them comming up right before midnite saying its nearly midnite and hyping the crowd for the countdown that is about to happen will be your cue.

see you at the hill.
jk420
Junior Boarder

#91897 2 years, 4 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
What a wonderfully sweet, thoughtful plan!! I know the moment will be as special as you're hoping it will be!

Thank you Sue.....it's not often you get to re-live moments in life or get the chance to do something so huge in such a special way. I never thought I would marry again...nor did my girl. We both had our fill of drama already in our first marriage and now we just LIVE AND LOVE. Without sounding corny...Furthur IS a huge reason for bringing alot of joy into our relationship. This NYE will forever stamp them into my most cherished memories.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#91900 2 years, 4 months ago
That is sooo awesome JK!!!! I wish the best for your lady and you! Love is the best feeling in the world! And happy that you two found it over love of the dead!

Never been to a NYE but will be attending my first this year!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jk420
jk420
Junior Boarder

#91904 2 years, 4 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
That is sooo awesome JK!!!! I wish the best for your lady and you! Love is the best feeling in the world! And happy that you two found it over love of the dead!

Never been to a NYE but will be attending my first this year!!!

It's so great to see so many people doing their 1st NYE show......ALSO, our first Cali shows!

WOOT WOOT!!
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds