• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jk420
Junior Boarder
At least I'm enjoyin' the ride

A question for anyone who's seen a NYE show

#91717 2 years, 10 months ago
My girl and I will be attending our first NYE show this year. We've each been going to GD/Furthur shows for 25 years now and this is definitely a "bucket list" show for us. What I need to know is, how it all goes down at midnight? Meaning, is the midnight countdown usually during a set or is it during an intermission??? I'm asking because I was hoping to be able to propose to her at midnight! Obviously I want to try and make it perfect so I need some info from the community to make the moment perfect. Thanx....peace
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, mcolleen
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: A question for anyone who's seen a NYE show

#91721 2 years, 10 months ago
Last year it was in between set 2 and 3 they did the countdown then a parade came out and they went into the 3rd set.
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: jk420
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#91722 2 years, 10 months ago
jk420 wrote:
My girl and I will be attending our first NYE show this year. We've each been going to GD/Furthur shows for 25 years now and this is definitely a "bucket list" show for us. What I need to know is, how it all goes down at midnight? Meaning, is the midnight countdown usually during a set or is it during an intermission??? I'm asking because I was hoping to be able to propose to her at midnight! Obviously I want to try and make it perfect so I need some info from the community to make the moment perfect. Thanx....peace
good for you def a memorable way to do it
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Tucson John
Senior Boarder

#91733 2 years, 10 months ago
Went to 88, have heard many tapes GD- countdown procession starts all hell breals loose ballons band everyone kissing and hugging. If it was me I would try and tome it right at the coutdown because its like everyone is peaking at the same time. Make sure you can have her attention obviously, Good luck and congrats
deadinit
Junior Boarder

#91746 2 years, 10 months ago
hey there congrats......they will play set 1 then Im sure have a big production for father time at midnight.....then will go straight into the second set.......good luck!!!!
Chester
More or less in line

#91755 2 years, 10 months ago
That is really cool. Best of luck to you and your wife to be.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#91759 2 years, 10 months ago
That's a great idea. Wow, under the gallons and all. You should have somebody with a camera to get the picture of you asking. Watch the you tube videos of the nye shows.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#91776 2 years, 10 months ago
Wow, great idea! The end of intermission is timed to coincide with about 10 minutes to midnight. I usually head up to the balcony about 10-15 minutes to. There is usually some kind of production, and then they count down the last 10 seconds to midnight. The last two years they started the countdown early. Three, two, one, zero, balloons and mayhem. They used to start Sugar Magnolia at this point, but with people popping balloons and screaming, you really couldn't hear the beginning of the song anyway, so...now they wait about 30 seconds to a minute to start the first song. Don't blame 'em a bit. Being on the floor is fun, but it's real crowded, and you get a better view of the goings on from up above. But then you don't get ballons on your head. I have an idea about what we'll see, but I don't want to spill any beans! Congratulations to you two!
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#91829 2 years, 10 months ago
Thats a very nice way to propose JK.

On a side note, This will be my first Newyears run also, Still need to find my ticket
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#91888 2 years, 10 months ago
I saw the Grateful Dead on NYE four times. They always did the countdown at the end of the set break, with a big production that used to include Bill Graham dressed as Father Time riding in on some type of float. One thing that was always true was that GD time was NOT actual time and was usually off by several minutes!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds