• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

Re: Tragedy in FL

#9257 3 years, 5 months ago
Ah.. one of my favorite quotes...common sense is not so common. Another one is... instant asshole just add alcohol. Personally I would love to see less beer being hawked in the parking lot. Hey I don't drink much at all (give me bud not budweiser) and I constantly have people getting in my face in the lot about what beer deals they have going, which is ok I guess, but like if I am walking by your open cooler (often with a sign) and showing no interest, I REALLY don't need to hear what deals you have going on! Also I really do not think we can put any age requirements on Furthur, or maybe something more encompassing like 8 to 80! With that being said I gotta say to the original poster that maybe tragedy is a bit strong, most notably with the recent death in Pitt. I think we all are nervous that more bad vibes could follow that night, and I gotta say when I read the title of this post I was really upset thinking the worst. Overall I think we all need to respect each others space at shows, PERIOD.
Light up or leave me alone!
spinneresque108
Junior Boarder

#9258 3 years, 5 months ago
If people would like to have the kids vs. no kids at shows argument, perhaps they could have it in a differently titled thread?
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#9261 3 years, 5 months ago
spinneresque108 wrote:
If people would like to have the kids vs. no kids at shows argument, perhaps they could have it in a differently titled thread?

started a new thread....
UncleGrizz
Junior Boarder

#9264 3 years, 5 months ago
captaintony wrote:
spinneresque108 wrote:

started a new thread....

Damn, you really did !
That's hilarious. =)
You Know it's Gonna Get Stranger
Ace#11
Junior Boarder

#9274 3 years, 5 months ago
Maybe you should just wait until there is a outdoor show ? and you can have fresh air for the kiddies and plenty more room to spread it out,.That sucks they had a bad time , and that spinner should go behind the board if he wants to "spin" as they say. I rock out but , I certainly don't close my eyes and start wildly flailing about, that kind of annoys me when peeps do that unless it was there first show ever , and then it is AWESOME! I think a liitle boy or girl should be able to go to the right kind of show , but hockey sheds and small venues are not the right shows for children to attend and dude you have been around the scene and this should be common knowledge.
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

#9301 3 years, 5 months ago
Just pretend you hate the Grateful Dead and your step-daughter will probably grow up to love them.
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

#9302 3 years, 5 months ago
Cornjulio wrote:
Okie wrote:
pittsburghgary wrote:
these show are not for kids. Unless they are 21 years old.

I totally agree. You might as well take your kids to a bar.

Not this crap again. Music is for all ages. If it's a nightclub, that's one thing. But any show in a theater or Arena, General Admission or not, is a great place for a kid. Maybe not down in the middle of the floor of a GA show, but that take is ridiculous.

Even Binghamton, a full GA show, go inside, grab some seats, you're good to go.

Really? You think an indoor Furthur concert is a great place for a kid? If I remember correctly the original poster said his kids were like two and six? The last place kids that age need to be is at a concert where people all around are smoking dope, cigarettes, high on drugs, drinking booze, and listening to loud decibel music. I have a 3rd grader and there is no way in hell I would take him to a Furthur concert or any concert of that type inside a closed in arena. There is way too much going on. Im not trying to tell anyone how to parent their kids but some places just are not appropriate for children. Would you take your kid to a bar? What's the difference? Oh, it's Furthur so it's cool? Put the pipe down hippie.
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

#9310 3 years, 5 months ago
Hey Okie maybe you could pick up that pipe and chill out a bit.
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by Colorado Greg.
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

#9318 3 years, 5 months ago
Colorado Greg wrote:
Hey Okie maybe you could pick up that pipe and chill out a bit.

How are my comments any different than any of the other responsible parents or responsible non parents that have posted on this topic? I'm totally chill and I am sorry that some people around here don't care for my honesty but it is what it is. Every post I make comes from the heart so ya'll can take this Karma rating shit and all of your ass glitter and respectfully shove it where the sun don't shine.
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

#9324 3 years, 5 months ago
There is an edge of shall we say, unfriendliness there, which I would say is reflected in your karma, duh.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds