• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

Re: Why, oh why, did the GD ever drop WRS?

#91594 2 years, 9 months ago
The WRS from Jones Beach this summer was haunting Las Vegas had a good one too out west.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#91599 2 years, 9 months ago
GreatestStoryEverTold wrote:
The WRS from Jones Beach this summer was haunting Las Vegas had a good one too out west.

O you sure are lucky!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#91600 2 years, 9 months ago
74-06-18 is my all-time favorite. The entire show is top shelf.

Here are some other top picks:
73-10-25
73-11-11
74-07-29
74-09-10
76-06-17
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#91601 2 years, 9 months ago
i remember the night furthur debuted it the final night of midwest/east nov 10 tour..at the garden. a friend of mine met us in worcester and came to the garden to do those shows. i told her i really wanted to hear them play weather report suite and george was actually calling it the entire tour because on the screens inside the arenas of the tour it said "let it grow" "furthur 2010" stuff like that...a couple songs into the 2nd set of the final night they started playing it. was really special even with bob's flubbed intro..been lucky to see it many times since, i love it and will take it any day.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#91603 2 years, 9 months ago
interesting that he said he didn't like singing love songs. He didn't seem to have a problem singing Looks Like Rain, which is totally sappy. I guess his views changed through.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#91608 2 years, 9 months ago
Bobby playing the wrs intro with his Gibson, nothing could be finer. I saw 2 Furthur shows this spring and they opened both 2nd sets with the suite...sweet!
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Chester
More or less in line

#91620 2 years, 9 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I'm actually in the process of listening to that whole 5 night winterland run which were their last 5 shows before the hiatus. I listened to 10/16 on the previous tour and I plan on finishing them on my trip to NC for the Christmas Jam. I only have part of 10/19 though I think 2nd set, I don't know if that's all that exists on sbd or maybe I just gotta wait for other versions to be reseeded.

I love 74' shows so much

Me too. I'm listening to the rest of that show I posted. That really was a great run.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#91625 2 years, 9 months ago
The WRS from Jones Beach was top notch, loved it so much. unfortunatley after that song the mushrooms got in my head a little much but I enjoyed that song to its fullest at least before that happened.

I was there for the debut at MSG as well and what a great time that was WRS>Time>Let It Grow!

I also caught it in Syracuse so I was lucky enough to get 3 out of the 8 they played..

I was also thinking the same thing about Looks Like Rain and Bob not liking Love songs, which was being played before WRS. He did stop playing LLR at the end of 73' though and then picked it up again in 76' - maybe for the same reason but then decided to bring it back...
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreatestStoryEverTold
Chester
More or less in line

#91626 2 years, 9 months ago
They must have been constantly composing new music then, and would try and fit new works into the setlist.
So older pieces were pushed aside. Some were brought back. Others were left for so long, they sort of forgot
how to play them. Then there are those that not everyone agreed on. Like WRS, or LLR.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#91629 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for posting that, Interesting read
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds