• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Why, oh why, did the GD ever drop WRS?

#91547 2 years, 9 months ago
I always wonder this every time I hear it. Such a beautiful thing it was, for them to only play those 2 years and then never revisit it even once after the hiatus.....

this show here smokes, just listened to it - 2nd set mind melt - It's A Sin that they didn't play It's A Sin more often.....

www.archive.org/details/gd74-06-18.sbd.sacks.209.sbefail.shnf --- well I tried, false alarm can't hear the sbd on archive.... I just listened to a Charlie Miller sbd - didn't even realize it was officially released until I just went to post that link on archive.....

any idea why they stopped playing WRS?....... my only guess is that for whgatever reason Bob decided not to play it with Let It Grow anymore, and that he liked the flow better without it...

---on a side note, I always thought it was the old black backround board that made the letters all sideways and look like there facing each other when tripping but it still does it now - which is a good thing, I was worried that might of been lost for good
trippyface.gif
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Why, oh why, did the GD ever drop WRS?

#91550 2 years, 9 months ago
I wish I could tell you. Because I feel the same way. I caught a lot of Let it grow's with the GD, but not one WRS.
There's a 74 show I have with the last one played. It's a pretty spectacular show on it's own. Hey I found it.
Here, check this one out. www.archive.org/details/gd1974-10-18.sbd.miller.110771.flac16
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#91555 2 years, 9 months ago
I'm actually in the process of listening to that whole 5 night winterland run which were their last 5 shows before the hiatus. I listened to 10/16 on the previous tour and I plan on finishing them on my trip to NC for the Christmas Jam. I only have part of 10/19 though I think 2nd set, I don't know if that's all that exists on sbd or maybe I just gotta wait for other versions to be reseeded.

I love 74' shows so much
Helen A Bucket
Junior Boarder

#91569 2 years, 9 months ago
Chester wrote:
I wish I could tell you. Because I feel the same way. I caught a lot of Let it grow's with the GD, but not one WRS.
There's a 74 show I have with the last one played. It's a pretty spectacular show on it's own. Hey I found it.
Here, check this one out. www.archive.org/details/gd1974-10-18.sbd.miller.110771.flac16

The link's broken
Chester
More or less in line

#91570 2 years, 9 months ago
The links ok. The archive is down right now. Sorry.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#91584 2 years, 9 months ago
alanpaul.net/2011/11/bob-weir-recalls-ho...h-the-grateful-dead/

there ya go mushroom man, that's why bob scrapped it
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Daisy Mae, FurthurFlower67
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#91587 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
alanpaul.net/2011/11/bob-weir-recalls-ho...h-the-grateful-dead/

there ya go mushroom man, that's why bob scrapped it

Thanks for the post, I've never seen this interview before. Weir is a very interesting person, and his songs made the GD what they were (are) just as much as Jerry's songs, in my opinion.
Without love day to day insanity's king
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#91589 2 years, 9 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#91590 2 years, 9 months ago
wow great read, thanks for the link...

that's pretty suprising though to me anyway, he seemed so into the song while singing it, never would of guessed he hated doing it....
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#91591 2 years, 9 months ago
I love WRS!!! I must haven gotten Let It Grow about 7 times with Furthur and I haven't been lucky enough to get the whole WRS! I did get a WRS with the Dead in 09.

It is one of the Dead's most beautifully played songs. I guess I can understand Bobby not wanting to sing us a love song. But come on Bobbby I thought you were all about "good loving"! Play it more often!!!

Winter rain now tell me why,
Summers fade and roses die,
The answer came, the wind and rain.

O man so beautiful! I need to listen to a verision now!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreatestStoryEverTold
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds