• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DaysBetween
Junior Boarder

Re: Anyone else just blown away?

#9415 3 years, 4 months ago
Been seeing shows for over 30 years and, yes, I am blown away!
Peace,
-Steve
Let your life proceed by it's own design....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorado Greg, Abba
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#9453 3 years, 4 months ago
Wheelman wrote:
lastleaffallen wrote:
Cornjulio wrote:
My bank account is being blown away by this band.

I want a Frequent Dancer Program! Redeem points for goodies....Bob's spit or Phil's wristband.

I hear that man.

My first show was Wally too Abba, great show. It's the best St. Stephen I've gotten of 3 (FF & Charleston). Seen 16 now and like Wheelie, though not as many have been to all previously available as often as the universe allowed.

Wheelie you do miss them don't lie

this is amazing no doubt and while they play, I'll be going as often as I can; as show by all the driving a lot of us did in the south leg of VA>SC>GA. All Good though, comes with the territory and is squat compared to western travel. Serious props to all of you who can afford/manage a whole tour. MAJOR pops and thanks to all that I met. Mostly very kind people on tour.

ok, i miss em' a little bit...but given the choice, I rather see "Furthur".

How's that song go?

Karma's gonna get you... knock you off your feet?

Damn Wheelie!!! You have a freakin' MINUS- a minus 12 karma. I suggest you bring some of that gold to a buddhist temple and plead for mercy.
HeatherB
Junior Boarder
Inspiration move me brightly

#9461 3 years, 4 months ago
Cornjulio wrote:
My bank account is being blown away by this band.

I want a Frequent Dancer Program! Redeem points for goodies....Bob's spit or Phil's wristband.

I'm there with you, too.

Spring Tour Costs:
Tickets: $$$
Hotels: $$$$
Etc: $$$$
Being there for Orpheum, Wallingford, Best Buy and Binghamton shows: Priceless!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Chester
More or less in line

#9470 3 years, 4 months ago
Yes, I agree. And it just keeps getting better. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#9472 3 years, 4 months ago
I am certainly blown away,

Unfortunatley I was only 9 when Jerry passed and I never got to see him.....then I was hanging with the wrong crowd and listening to rap until high school when something made me get into classic rock (thank god for whatever it was).

Ratdog at the Meadows in CT (opening for Allmans) is what got me on the bus (finally), and I was able to catch 2 more Ratdog shows and The Dead once before they started with Furthur and Wallingford 09' was also my first Furthur show which was great. After that I got 3 dates on there winter tour and have being seeing them as much as I can since. This last tour was the best for me with 9 shows which is as many as I had seen total before this tour. I havn't seen many incarnations but I have seen many great bands (David Gilmour, Waters, Clapton, Neil Young, Van Halen, Jethro Tull, and the list goes way on) but nothing even comes close to the experience I have going to see these guys. The band is so tight, they mix it up more then anybody and the whole Vibe at there shows is just unreal.

Thank you so much Furthur, you couldn't dissapoint me if you tried!
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#9476 3 years, 4 months ago
Copied this phrase - One counterculture passes and another rises - really like that, thanks man!
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#9478 3 years, 4 months ago
thanks Abba, checked who wrote that.
TylerTerrapinCurtis
Junior Boarder
Tyler Curtis

#9483 3 years, 4 months ago
All 6 times I've been blown away!
Buy the ticket, take the ride..."
ShakedownBlog.com
Scottr1966
Junior Boarder

#9547 3 years, 4 months ago
I do agree. I have been streaming shows gat archive.org. For me they seemed to really start clicking late last year. I have only been to one show....Charleston. Good show and great vibes. Then I streamed the Atlanta show.....whoa! Yes, this band is really hot. I so hope they continue touring. Gotta get to more shows...just gotta.
"The bus came by and I got on..."
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#10881 3 years, 4 months ago
Scottr1966 wrote:
I do agree. I have been streaming shows gat archive.org. For me they seemed to really start clicking late last year. I have only been to one show....Charleston. Good show and great vibes. Then I streamed the Atlanta show.....whoa! Yes, this band is really hot. I so hope they continue touring. Gotta get to more shows...just gotta.

Streaming...I'm right there with you. I've downloaded show after show after show since 2009. Made as many shows as we could.
That being said I'm just really blown away by whats happening with this band. Call me silly but it seems like a resurgence/reincarnation of days of old. The culture is here, we've just been lacking in some direction. Nothing new happening around us that hasn't already.... We are all turned on and tuned in..... booted up, jacked in. Furthur has been playing pretty much none stop since 2009....last haul?? I think not..resurgence is more like it. The tribe is building back up and I'm just curious where this bus is going to take us. We all know The music never stops. I never got to see Jerry and to be honest never really heard of the GD until around 2008, then all the sudden I find myself with two miracles for the Wallingford show in 2009...one for the wife and one for me. Got strawberry fields and St stephen
...darkstar..shakedown..loose lucy..pride of cucamonga..not fade away..going down the road..the list goes on.
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#10891 3 years, 4 months ago
Me!

I'm blown away by this band!

I wouldn't mind a punch card, 10 shows and the eleventh is free
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#10967 3 years, 4 months ago
ruby_claire wrote:
Me!

I'm blown away by this band!

I wouldn't mind a punch card, 10 shows and the eleventh is free

I punch card would be nice...but a venue that allows overnight camping would be better..
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds