• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

Anyone else just blown away?

#9104 3 years, 4 months ago
Is there anyone who is just plain blown away by this band? I first saw Furthur in 2009 in Wallingford, CT....amazing show. I haven't stopped seeing them since. I never got to see Jerry play but I listen to old shows and enjoy but Furthur has been blowing my mind since they started... it just seems like an incarnation of what I missed. I know many will yell at me and say it is not the same but the music never stopped. One life passes and another is born....One counterculture passes and another rises.
Cycle
I love this band
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones, Colorado Greg, captaintony, SunshineSue
Ramblin_Joe
Junior Boarder

Re: Anyone else just blown away?

#9136 3 years, 4 months ago
Yes, I'm right there with ya. No matter how high my expecations are, I'm always pleasantly surprised at each show by either the fans, the band, or BOTH. I always stop to look around at a show and think to myself "Wow, this is too good to be true. Is this really happening?" (even at the shows I've been to sober!).

It's the year 2011 and we still get to be in the same room while Phil Lesh and Bob Weir perform our favorite songs. I'll nitpick just to populate the forum, but I have nothing to say to the band other than THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones, Abba
Jack Jones
Junior Boarder

#9137 3 years, 4 months ago
Furthur on Up the Road!

Yep, I am! I saw the Grateful Dead starting in 1980 & saw some grrrreat shows. But this is NOW! & is at least the best thing to come along since Brent passed on., imVVho (perhaps since BfA). To perhaps beat a Dead horse, at the Broomfield shows I had as good a time & enjoyed the music as much as ever had at any live music event..

You know the old folk tale of the Grateful Dead? I feel sorta like Furthur is the gift that the Grateful Dead have given us.
... that one word is "why?"

Music alone may span that space between the finite and the infinite. Edgar Cayce Reading 3659-1
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Jack Jones.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#9212 3 years, 4 months ago
I am ABSOLUTELY Loving this band...
caught 70+ Ratdog shows & 40-50 Phil & Friends shows...

Right now, I dont miss either...

(only wish I did more than 6 shows this tour)
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#9214 3 years, 4 months ago
My bank account is being blown away by this band.

I want a Frequent Dancer Program! Redeem points for goodies....Bob's spit or Phil's wristband.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, Colorado Greg
lastleaffallen
Junior Boarder
mindmelt

#9216 3 years, 4 months ago
Cornjulio wrote:

I want a Frequent Dancer Program! Redeem points for goodies....Bob's spit or Phil's wristband.

I hear that man.

My first show was Wally too Abba, great show. It's the best St. Stephen I've gotten of 3 (FF & Charleston). Seen 16 now and like Wheelie, though not as many have been to all previously available as often as the universe allowed.

Wheelie you do miss them don't lie

this is amazing no doubt and while they play, I'll be going as often as I can; as show by all the driving a lot of us did in the south leg of VA>SC>GA. All Good though, comes with the territory and is squat compared to western travel. Serious props to all of you who can afford/manage a whole tour. MAJOR pops and thanks to all that I met. Mostly very kind people on tour.
", two eagles hang against a cloud."
skyties
Junior Boarder

#9217 3 years, 4 months ago
We are enjoying every Furthur show that we can get to and loving every minute of tour. Yes we are completely blown away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#9224 3 years, 4 months ago
lastleaffallen wrote:
Cornjulio wrote:

I hear that man.

My first show was Wally too Abba, great show. It's the best St. Stephen I've gotten of 3 (FF & Charleston). Seen 16 now and like Wheelie, though not as many have been to all previously available as often as the universe allowed.

Wheelie you do miss them don't lie

this is amazing no doubt and while they play, I'll be going as often as I can; as show by all the driving a lot of us did in the south leg of VA>SC>GA. All Good though, comes with the territory and is squat compared to western travel. Serious props to all of you who can afford/manage a whole tour. MAJOR pops and thanks to all that I met. Mostly very kind people on tour.

ok, i miss em' a little bit...but given the choice, I rather see "Furthur".
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

#9226 3 years, 4 months ago
Hell ya man, i with ya all the way, each and every night these boys are getting better and better i love it, i have yet to be disappointed. I first saw em last year at radio city and was blown away, since then i have been to 11 shows and lovin how the music has never stopped! i am soo grateful for this band!
decree
Junior Boarder

#9305 3 years, 4 months ago
I've been blown out a few times, pushed over, wind whipped and butt-kicked. But blown away?

Not until this past weekend. Hampton was the leading edge of the Furthur-cane, class 5, rattled our cage but we held up, the eye went over the warm waters of Charleston, SC, a beautiful calm respite, maybe we'll make it through unscathed, and THEN the backside, having gained strength to off the charts territory, CRUSHED us at The Fabulous Fox in Atlanta, GA, and yes, we were COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY.

I absolutely love this band.
Time to create page: 0.89 seconds