• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder

Re: Bob and Phil PLEASE!!!!!!!

#91160 2 years, 8 months ago
i agree a mid atlantic run would be epic. they could even make it simple like a hampton run, charlotte run, atlanta run, and miami run. There is no way this will happen at all, much less without lots of northeast dates, but the south could use some multi night runs and in the right cities they could sell pretty well i think
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#91172 2 years, 8 months ago
There was a Jazz Fest where both Ratdog and Phil & Friends played back to back. I wasn't at that one but some of my friends down there said it was an absolute blast.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
violetgoo
Junior Boarder
a full-blown deadhead

#91249 2 years, 8 months ago
IMG_0601.JPG

andrea20haight20and20schrader.jpg

"busted down in new orleans, set up like a bowling pin, knocked down, gets to wearing thin..."

sorry brother- im not headier than anyone! luckily i have a very kind friend who gives me a place to stay in his apt in the NYC area when im out here in exchange for doing all the cleaning, laundry, food shopping, taking care of his dogs and any other odd responsiblities that might come up that he doesnt want to deal w (painting the interior walls of the apt, cleaning the carpet, dealing w stuff when it breaks making sure it gets fixed, riding my bike to the bar and driving him and his car home when he is too shitty to dirve, etc)

i sleep on the sidewalk in the haight and on the ground in g.g. park. i eat at the feeds for the homeless in g.g. park. i push a shopping cart w all my stuff in it. i hang out at hippie hill w thugs who sell Herb in the park and on haight st and sleep on the streets of the haigh just like me. for money i rummage thru your rotting trash to get recyclables and cash them out at the cash out at haight ashbury neighborhood council recycling redemption along w a bunch of smelly bums (some of whom are old timey dead heads) whom i am friendly with, and eat sitting next to at the church soup kitchen and bring food to them and the young thugs at hippie hill from the food bank on saturday mornings. i have had head lice once and scabies twice just in the last year. im a very humble person...

if u dont wanna move u dont have to move- i was just sayin... it makes it waaay easier if u like furthur concerts. i had no intention of rattling your cage.

my way of seeing things its so much easier to go to where they play most rather than keep wanting them to come to where you are. your whole life could go by and you will miss most the shows waiting for them to come play shows where you live instead of just going to where the shows are. accept the things i can not change and change the things i can.

i grew up in the chicago suburbs. alpine '86 was my first show. i know how it is to live where they only play a handful of shows w/in a few hours drive of where you live.

i didnt mean to be a full-blown dead head i had to move to s.f.- lots of people live in s.f. and dont like the dead at all- they actually think they and their scene are crap. i meant when i started staying in the haight on the street for the first time in my life i didnt have anything like keeping a job standing in my way of going to whatever furthur etc concerts i wanted to go to for as long as i wanted to go on tour whatever. keeping a job so i could keep running on the hamster wheel of paying for an apt to keep myself and all my stuff in and keep working to pay for that kind of life year in year out decade in decade out- that is how i got to be a full-blown deadhead vs. back b4 that when i was just a fan due to the fact that i always had to worry about getting time off work, etc.

i dont have a signifigant other, i dont have any kids, i dont have a line of work that i find as rewarding as i do find rewarding going to furthur and other g.d. type concerts and being around the type of people who the haight ashbury and greenwich village has lots of in it. so i decided to just break out of the life i was living working and paying rent on an apt in san jose. i didnt want to struggle so hard to pay rent and the rent on an apt in s.f- esp the haight- i dont even know what i could do to make enuf money to afford to live in that neighborhood indoors. so i opted to live there outdoors along w all the other wing nuts and lost kids and haight-ashbury bums. i meant that i never saw it before but i got shown the light in the strangest place- by befreinding some street people in the haight and park and seeing that their lives were really not that bad- i like my life more now this way than i ever liked my life for the 22 years i worked and paid rent to live in apts. its so much easier for me- life is more enjoyment less lonliness, isolation- no more being around people i do not like and dont relate to most of my waking hours at some job and stressful having to be at work 5, 6, 7 days a week and make sure the money is there for the rent, electric bill, gas bill, etc etc etc ad nauseum.

but if you have lucrative job skills- esp you have a significant other whom you can trust to the end to be a team w you to pay 1/2 the expenses, you can rent or buy in one of the two places. then you can go to lots more shows. i wasnt saying anyone should live like i do if they dont like it. it wasnt til after Jerry died that i realized that if i wanted to see lots more shows i should move to NYC area. i had moved from chicago to phoenix in 1997 and when i lived in phoenix i realized that there were even less shows near there than there were near chicago. that is when the full realization came to me- at the show at shoreline in the summer of 1998 that i had just had to drive 12 hours to see them and they never played phoenix, tuscon, the closest they played regualrly was l.a. and vegas. so i moved to the NYC area cuz i remembered all the heads from tour in the 80's and 90's i met who lived in either the NYC/philly/ mass area of the country had so many shows withing such a small drive- spring tour summer tour fall tour. it was either move to where the shows were or rot waiting for those 3 or 4 shows a year in l.a. and vegas. i did that in 2000. and it worked like a charm. i moved to the bay area in 2005. and when i stopped working completely 3 years ago and moved from an indoor apt to a camp in g.g park and the sidewalk of the haight ashbury i started going to more shows than ever before- hence the full-blown deadhead.

if moving is not for you please dont be offended that i suggested it. i thought maybe you were as thick as i was and maybe hadnt realized that the people in the NYC/philly/mass area and the people in the bay area and up north CAL had way more chances to drive a few hours and see a show than i did in chicago and way more than i did in phoenix.

but ask anyone who deals w me on a daily basis- im not headier than thou at all! ive never even had dreadlocks! i dont even wear tie-dye. i did have a 1971 vw bus tho when i was 19-20-21 years old tho... but it was an automatic...

ive never even seen them in new orleans- so you are prob more headier than me. when was the last time they played there? phil and friends at jazz fest a few years ago? i dont remember- a real headier person would. i said texas too and saw it after i said that in other people's suggested concert cities (austin for a bunch of nights in a row) and i had to think- i dont remember them ever playing texas. when was the last time they played a show in texas? new mexico? mississippi? arkansas?

dont worry tho they always play GA, FL, and AL on spring tour these days- they usually end up there at the end of the spring tour my spidey senses tell me theyll be back there again spring 2012- thats the pattern in the past 5, 6, 7 years or so. remember phil and friends at langerado at the seminole rez? yes yes yes.

one more sorry b4 i go- i see it as a party- not a competition. i gave up competition quite some time ago. its a parade not a race. hope they play jazz fest every nite and 7 walkers and mickey hart band too and they all play togeather for a big easy reunion. if you see me pushing a shopping cart on the lot- please say hello- its my pleasure to meet new people and enjoy their company. bless up- live up- violet goo
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
deadinit
Junior Boarder

#91533 2 years, 8 months ago
violetgoo wrote:
IMG_0601.JPG

andrea20haight20and20schrader.jpg

"busted down in new orleans, set up like a bowling pin, knocked down, gets to wearing thin..."

sorry brother- im not headier than anyone! luckily i have a very kind friend who gives me a place to stay in his apt in the NYC area when im out here in exchange for doing all the cleaning, laundry, food shopping, taking care of his dogs and any other odd responsiblities that might come up that he doesnt want to deal w (painting the interior walls of the apt, cleaning the carpet, dealing w stuff when it breaks making sure it gets fixed, riding my bike to the bar and driving him and his car home when he is too shitty to dirve, etc)

i sleep on the sidewalk in the haight and on the ground in g.g. park. i eat at the feeds for the homeless in g.g. park. i push a shopping cart w all my stuff in it. i hang out at hippie hill w thugs who sell Herb in the park and on haight st and sleep on the streets of the haigh just like me. for money i rummage thru your rotting trash to get recyclables and cash them out at the cash out at haight ashbury neighborhood council recycling redemption along w a bunch of smelly bums (some of whom are old timey dead heads) whom i am friendly with, and eat sitting next to at the church soup kitchen and bring food to them and the young thugs at hippie hill from the food bank on saturday mornings. i have had head lice once and scabies twice just in the last year. im a very humble person...

if u dont wanna move u dont have to move- i was just sayin... it makes it waaay easier if u like furthur concerts. i had no intention of rattling your cage.

my way of seeing things its so much easier to go to where they play most rather than keep wanting them to come to where you are. your whole life could go by and you will miss most the shows waiting for them to come play shows where you live instead of just going to where the shows are. accept the things i can not change and change the things i can.

i grew up in the chicago suburbs. alpine '86 was my first show. i know how it is to live where they only play a handful of shows w/in a few hours drive of where you live.

i didnt mean to be a full-blown dead head i had to move to s.f.- lots of people live in s.f. and dont like the dead at all- they actually think they and their scene are crap. i meant when i started staying in the haight on the street for the first time in my life i didnt have anything like keeping a job standing in my way of going to whatever furthur etc concerts i wanted to go to for as long as i wanted to go on tour whatever. keeping a job so i could keep running on the hamster wheel of paying for an apt to keep myself and all my stuff in and keep working to pay for that kind of life year in year out decade in decade out- that is how i got to be a full-blown deadhead vs. back b4 that when i was just a fan due to the fact that i always had to worry about getting time off work, etc.

i dont have a signifigant other, i dont have any kids, i dont have a line of work that i find as rewarding as i do find rewarding going to furthur and other g.d. type concerts and being around the type of people who the haight ashbury and greenwich village has lots of in it. so i decided to just break out of the life i was living working and paying rent on an apt in san jose. i didnt want to struggle so hard to pay rent and the rent on an apt in s.f- esp the haight- i dont even know what i could do to make enuf money to afford to live in that neighborhood indoors. so i opted to live there outdoors along w all the other wing nuts and lost kids and haight-ashbury bums. i meant that i never saw it before but i got shown the light in the strangest place- by befreinding some street people in the haight and park and seeing that their lives were really not that bad- i like my life more now this way than i ever liked my life for the 22 years i worked and paid rent to live in apts. its so much easier for me- life is more enjoyment less lonliness, isolation- no more being around people i do not like and dont relate to most of my waking hours at some job and stressful having to be at work 5, 6, 7 days a week and make sure the money is there for the rent, electric bill, gas bill, etc etc etc ad nauseum.

but if you have lucrative job skills- esp you have a significant other whom you can trust to the end to be a team w you to pay 1/2 the expenses, you can rent or buy in one of the two places. then you can go to lots more shows. i wasnt saying anyone should live like i do if they dont like it. it wasnt til after Jerry died that i realized that if i wanted to see lots more shows i should move to NYC area. i had moved from chicago to phoenix in 1997 and when i lived in phoenix i realized that there were even less shows near there than there were near chicago. that is when the full realization came to me- at the show at shoreline in the summer of 1998 that i had just had to drive 12 hours to see them and they never played phoenix, tuscon, the closest they played regualrly was l.a. and vegas. so i moved to the NYC area cuz i remembered all the heads from tour in the 80's and 90's i met who lived in either the NYC/philly/ mass area of the country had so many shows withing such a small drive- spring tour summer tour fall tour. it was either move to where the shows were or rot waiting for those 3 or 4 shows a year in l.a. and vegas. i did that in 2000. and it worked like a charm. i moved to the bay area in 2005. and when i stopped working completely 3 years ago and moved from an indoor apt to a camp in g.g park and the sidewalk of the haight ashbury i started going to more shows than ever before- hence the full-blown deadhead.

if moving is not for you please dont be offended that i suggested it. i thought maybe you were as thick as i was and maybe hadnt realized that the people in the NYC/philly/mass area and the people in the bay area and up north CAL had way more chances to drive a few hours and see a show than i did in chicago and way more than i did in phoenix.

but ask anyone who deals w me on a daily basis- im not headier than thou at all! ive never even had dreadlocks! i dont even wear tie-dye. i did have a 1971 vw bus tho when i was 19-20-21 years old tho... but it was an automatic...

ive never even seen them in new orleans- so you are prob more headier than me. when was the last time they played there? phil and friends at jazz fest a few years ago? i dont remember- a real headier person would. i said texas too and saw it after i said that in other people's suggested concert cities (austin for a bunch of nights in a row) and i had to think- i dont remember them ever playing texas. when was the last time they played a show in texas? new mexico? mississippi? arkansas?

dont worry tho they always play GA, FL, and AL on spring tour these days- they usually end up there at the end of the spring tour my spidey senses tell me theyll be back there again spring 2012- thats the pattern in the past 5, 6, 7 years or so. remember phil and friends at langerado at the seminole rez? yes yes yes.

one more sorry b4 i go- i see it as a party- not a competition. i gave up competition quite some time ago. its a parade not a race. hope they play jazz fest every nite and 7 walkers and mickey hart band too and they all play togeather for a big easy reunion. if you see me pushing a shopping cart on the lot- please say hello- its my pleasure to meet new people and enjoy their company. bless up- live up- violet goo

hey violet goo....we have no problems...reading your story reminds me of how I led my life for a long time....it was just the birth of my son that slowed my pedal to the metal lifestyle and made me become responsible for another life other than just my own....I appreciate you sharing your story and hope you stay safe and happy on your travels....trust if Im in SF and I see you Ill definately say hello and give you a big hug......and yess lets hope for some Nola shows!!!!cheers
Time to create page: 1.15 seconds