• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: First Furthur show...

#90954 2 years, 9 months ago
Mine was at Barton Hall, on the Cornell campus, in Ithaca NY. The site of the famous, 5/8/77 show.
Great energy that night. And some great jams.

2/14/10
www.archive.org/details/furthur2010-02-1...ficial.112934.flac16
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Chester.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#90956 2 years, 9 months ago
Mine was Feb.13 2010 farifax va. Killer 2nd set
GOOD LOVE
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#90957 2 years, 9 months ago
^^^^great show i was there!

edit: that was for chester---but i was in fairfax the night before

i had a wild drive thru dc that night i was out of my skull trails from every direction possible, saw a tractor trailer and a snow plow collide and both tip over, later read they closed down that highway for quite some time, thank god i blew by when i did or i would have been sitting around for who knows long
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by wlewis.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#90964 2 years, 9 months ago
My first Furthur show was the first Furthur shows. Flew solo from Boston to SF with a fine strip of blotter and stayed in oaklnd at a cheap motel. Accidentally flew the whole way with an ounce in my carry-on and didn't know til I reached in looking for a toothbrush. And this was a bag I checked thoroughly. But it worked for the better and the shows were incredible while they are still my favorite shows just because you really can hear the band feeling each other out musically. The shows after are all specimens as well because you can listen to the gelling and evolution of a tremendous group of musicians. As there musical vocabulary and memory expanded with eachother the music took off for nether regions of somewhere special. Spent the weekend driving around oakland in a baby blue Kia that was the size of a phonebooth....that was interesting on a Fri. And sat. Night in Oakland. Loved dso and benevento Russo duo before hand as well so this was a coming together of some of my favorite musicians of all time what a trip!! Of all the show I rotate through for listening these ones never leave my immediate vicinity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo, rockinbob
Chester
More or less in line

#90971 2 years, 9 months ago
Those first Furthur shows were their "primal" period. I was listening to the first show today, for the first time in awhile,
and you can hear it. Still raw, but coming together. Actually pretty cool to hear, now that I've seen some recent shows.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#90974 2 years, 9 months ago
First Dead Show: Brendan Byrne Arena w/ Stephen Stills 4/16/83 (I was Hooked by Tennessee Jed )

bb_2011-11-25.jpg

www.archive.org/details/gd83-04-16.sbd.miller.28294.sbeok.flacf

First Furthur Show: Bayfront Park Ampitheater, Miami 2/5/10 (I was Re-Hooked by Born Cross Eyed )

www.archive.org/details/furthur2010-02-0...marcus.105848.flac16

Miami_2011-11-25.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#90980 2 years, 9 months ago
^^^that venue looks outrageous, a real treat for the eyes. is it raining? didn't hop on until hampton that tour

edit: BOBSTAR!!!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by wlewis.
Chester
More or less in line

#90990 2 years, 9 months ago
Island Head wrote:
First Dead Show: Brendan Byrne Arena w/ Stephen Stills 4/16/83(I was Hooked by Tennessee Jed )

bb_2011-11-25.jpg

www.archive.org/details/gd83-04-16.sbd.miller.28294.sbeok.flacf

I was at the show right before that, In Rochester, 4/15/83 for the premier of "Bob Star", officially known as "Little Star".
It was only played 3 times in Concert. Seems like something they could've built on. I remember it distinctly, and I liked it.

www.archive.org/details/gd1983-04-15.sbd...r.32780.sbeok.flac16
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#90998 2 years, 9 months ago
my first Furthur show was 20 minutes from home 12/11/09 in Wallingford, took the whole family but don't remember if we all sat together cause a lot of times I can't get 5 seats together so gotta do 2 and 3.

I already had tickets for the 2 RCMH shows (2/23-24/10) and Mohegan sun 2 days later before the Wallingford show and before I ever heard what they sound like, but I figured it'd be good. I didn't travel as much at the time and only caught 2 shows that summer - Lowell and Vibes. Now I really regret not hitting more shows around this time, particularly the 2 Best Buy and the 2 Brooklyn ballpark shows but theres many more I could of made. By then I was determined to see more shows then I was but that Fall the MSG shows and then Worcester before were the only ones in what I considered driving distance at the time. Spring 2011 I should have did more but still made 9 shows which really got me hooked at following them as much as I could, though I still regret not leaving Vibes saturday night for the PA show. Pretty sure I'm at 32 Furthur shows right now
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by MushroomMan.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#91008 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
^^^that venue looks outrageous, a real treat for the eyes. is it raining? didn't hop on until hampton that tour

I really hope they play Bayfront in Miami again this Spring. I highly recommend the venue. Mellow cops, easy parking, great Shakedown, couldn't ask for more at my first Furthur show!

edit: BOBSTAR!!!!
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds