• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

Re: My dog just cut her toungue on a can..any help?

#90893 2 years, 10 months ago
i waas going to just let it go, but just in case....i went ahead and protected her from possible infection. And, im not a dr. either.

I hope no one has to go through that, or anyones dog really. Keep cans out of reach.....man that was scary. Thank god her tongue is damaged as little as it was. It could of been so much worse. The anibiotic shot was 25 bucks. visit was 35.

thanks yall.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#90903 2 years, 10 months ago
peace of mind is priceless ,money well spent
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony, iraqistatefair
violetgoo
Junior Boarder
a full-blown deadhead

#90923 2 years, 10 months ago
excellent- yes mouths are dirty and so are cans w food bits on them that has been decaying and every ATM we touch the skin on every apple we eat etc. our earth is a cess pool of germs and its up to our immune systems all day every day to keep us safe from the zillions of germs we are in constant contact w.

now that i see that your dog has hypothyroidism- that means that we are not talking about a 100% healthy dog here- i copied this from long beach animal hosp website page on hypothyroidism: "Inadequate thyroxine makes the immune system less effective at fighting infections, especially the bacterial skin infections (pyoderma) that occur secondarily. Suppression of the immune system might even increase susceptibility to demodex."

so that means when your dog gets hurt ALWAYS go to the vet for antibiotics because the immune system might not be functioning at 100%. it may need help to fight the germs.

also interesting some diet information i got about dogs and thyroid disease: "Thyroid function is dependent upon the correct amount of GLUCOSE produced by the dog's body, not by the correct amount of carbohydrates in the diet. Too much glucose from easily available carbohydrate energy sources can cause just as many problems as not enough glucose. Since we have already established that glucose can be produced from fat and protein, then it would again seem that carbohydrates are actually unnecessary provided that there is enough protein and fat to go around (and a raw diet has PLENTY!)." i copied this from rawfed.com/myths/carbs.html a highly worthy read for anyone who wants their pet to live a longer healthier life.

processed food is as bad for pets as it is for people. eating fruit loops and chef-boyardee canned food for every meal every day of your life is pretty sad care of your body and a dog eating some food that comes out of a can or a bag that doesnt even resemble raw meat (which is the ideal diet for every species of wild canine last time i checked) cant be any better idea than feeding your kid fruit loops and chef boyardee canned food every day of his life. although the corporations who make fruit loops and chef-boyardee canned food would like you to believe its good high-quality nutrition that you could feed your kid every day of his life. the pet food corps also would like you to believe their cans and bags of processed food are too. unlike most pediatricians tho the majority of vets are brainwashed to believe that highly processed food that comes in a can or bag is good for your pet. this will change in time just like the pediatricians changed their beliefs from the 1960's when highly processed food was seen as an ok thing to feed your kid every day to today when it is starting to be recognized as the disease causing menace that it is.

knowlege is power- the knowlege of nutrition and metabolism is the power to heal. once again healing vibes going out!
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#90933 2 years, 10 months ago
^^^ i swear the friskees people put addictive drugs in their catfood after giving my cat friskees she wouldnt eat science diet anymore,also tried to give her real turkey yesterday and she refused to eat it wanted wet friskees. outsides strays gobbled the turkey right down like crackheads at the pipe
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
violetgoo
Junior Boarder
a full-blown deadhead

#90985 2 years, 10 months ago
marman.jpg

im a real hard-ass. thank god that i dont have kids (for the kids sakes) cuz im from the old school where if you dont like the nutritiously superior food i put on your plate and refuse to eat it guess what? you are getting nutritiously superior food at your next meal and every meal after that and you have two choices- 1) eat the food i give you. or 2)dont eat at all. i dont care if you never eat again- eventually they will get hungry enuf to eat it then they get used to it then they love it.

it took a few days til my cats would eat raw food but after that, they have been eating raw. it even cured one of my cats from kidney disease which he had for the first 7 years i had him back when i was feeding my cats canned iams and other premium brands of canned food. once i got educated on raw food i put him on raw food and after 6 months his symptoms went away and his kidney disease was gone for the next 6 years until he died. he was either 16, 17, 18 or 19 when he died- me and the vet couldnt tell how old he was when i rescued him from the street- he had been abandoned by a neighbor when they moved away (losers!) i wasnt friends w them since i could tell they were losers well before they abandoned him so i never talked to them about how old the cat was. when i got him the vet guessed he was between 2-5 years old. and heres a photo of him to prove he was loving life. yay for raw food for cats and dogs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, iraqistatefair
Tucson John
Senior Boarder

#91100 2 years, 10 months ago
Gald all is well MyCat was sick a couple of weeks ago and I fugured she would be alright but took her the Vet any way. It was worth the $120.00 bucks. Kid(18) was sick yesterday and had to take him to the emergency room Its always something money for two shows, anyway kids and animals priceless!
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Tucson John.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#91659 2 years, 10 months ago
priceless.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds