• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

(WHAT IN THEE HELL) is happening in Northern Cali>

#90593 2 years, 5 months ago
looks like a new Revolution might begin up there!!!

(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

Re: (WHAT IN THEE HELL) is happening in Northern Cali>

#90805 2 years, 4 months ago

(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
violetgoo
Junior Boarder
a full-blown deadhead

Re: (WHAT IN THEE HELL) is happening in Northern Cali>

#90807 2 years, 4 months ago
this is too long to watch- its over an hour. i tried skimming thru it- as near as i can tell they want the system of water dist- damns etc to stary in place. if that is the case, i find it sickening that they cant conceive of the fact that before well-meaning but very misguided people put those damns etc in place, there were people living there (native americans) that didnt have damns etc. and those people as near as i can tell dont want the damns there and the fish species threatened- the fish species that need the damns removed to survive were the thing that all those people's culture, well-being etc. was based on and not only that but there was a fishing industry that grew out of that (the early euro-settlers started it) and that industry will die very very soon because of lack of fish! these people cant see the rights of the people who were there first before the damns whose lives have been made sooo much harder because of the damns. all they can see is their own rights to have the place stay as it was when they came along. what is the best choice for everyone (this includes the poorest people in your county be taken into account at the same level as the richest people all you sheriffs up there) may not be what is best for the richest people who run the county. what i see is a bunch of people who up til now have been able to have things whatever way they want because they have the money to control the whole county and now are loosing their grip on that control because of whatever reasons and they are not going to let go of that control and see what is best for everyone (even the people who arent here yet but will be in the future!) that whole thing about the welfare of the 7th generation from now- and like i said before and will say one more time ad nauseum- what is best for *everybody* not just what is best for the richest people with the most control and their 7th generation but what is good taking every single person into consideration and their 7th generation- is what should be done.

SO... what can we do about this- if we are for the sheriffs plans obviously we can send them dollars of support but where do we send our support for the side of the damns getting pulled and the land going back to the way it was pre-damn?
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds