• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

Re: Best show on the fall tour?!

#90567 2 years, 5 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
Weak wheelie but what would I expect Here was my "mantra" at that age:

you obviously didnt grow up in the burbs between NYC/Philly...
(if you were a male between the ages of 13-22) in the mid-80's & said that was weak,,,
your family woulda had to move to save your life at school..
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#90570 2 years, 5 months ago
you obviously didnt grow up in the burbs between NYC/Philly...
(if you were a male between the ages of 13-22) in the mid-80's & said that was weak,,,
your family woulda had to move to save your life at school

Well by the mid 80's I was attending a fine university and had refined my musical taste. Grew up in the mean streets of the Pittsburgh burbs ( where you gotta be tough tough tough tough tough tough tough)....where to this day Lynrd Skynrd still rules and Ozzy is king.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#90574 2 years, 5 months ago
Back to the original question... I only attended Wilkes Barre so that has to be it. Truthfully I loved the setlist, energy, crowd, playing. Nothing sleepy... but Madison, Columbus & Buffalo all look like my kinda shows too
Phillyhead
Junior Boarder

#90600 2 years, 5 months ago
Its a toss up between MSG and AC. I lean a little more towards the MSG show just because the magic in the air and the intensity could only be matched by a show at the Spectrum (RIP). Syracuse and Scranton were close behind. If I had my way I would take the first set of MSG the second of AC and the encore of Syracuse (the lights being on and then everyone singing along to the star spangled banner was surreal). On to NYE!
pettyblue440
Junior Boarder

#90641 2 years, 5 months ago
Back to the original question... I only attended Wilkes Barre so that has to be it. Truthfully I loved the setlist, energy, crowd, playing. Nothing sleepy... but Madison, Columbus & Buffalo all look like my kinda shows too

saw that one and also buffalo, syr, and albany. Wilkes barre was my favorite. The 2nd set rocked!
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#90801 2 years, 5 months ago
JOE DANGLE wrote:
Was at 5 of last six and feel that Wisconsin was the most balanced (energy,tightness,dissonance,flowing set-list and mix). Great show all the way around. Meratt was surreal to me. I had many dreams of seeing the dead in a venue as small as this one. Strangely enough, Phil was on the same side in my dreams. Great show, although Bob seemed a little distant and not very connected. Perhaps he was a little under the weather : ) Close to colossal but, just shy of Bobs leadership.

I was thinking the same thing in St Louis and Indy. It made me feel as if he was just there going through the motions. Like he was just there for the paycheck.

People on the forum will probably not like that statement, but its how I felt.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#90836 2 years, 5 months ago
Weak wheelie but what would I expect Here was my "mantra" at that age:

What's your mantra now?...No haired hippie guy
The voices tell me what to say
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by funky420.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#90842 2 years, 5 months ago
What's your mantra now?...No haired hippie

Since you asked my own self penned mantra:

Bald & Fat, thats where its at!

if you prefer a real writer:

"Still crazy, after all these years"
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds