• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
theuch24
Junior Boarder

Best show on the fall tour?!

#90388 2 years, 11 months ago
I was at the Indy show, which was my first dead show ever. Actually was at deer creek in 95 with my dad but i was only 1. But I've listened to most of the shows on archive but obviously since i was there i thought the Indy show was the best one out of all of them. The first set was fucking incredible! the energy was off the charts! Everybody smoking the grass and just straight up groovin, it was incredible, a great scarlet in the first set but my favorite from the first set was playin, they really brought it all out for it, But the second set.... holy shit opening with mountain song (Which i don't think they sould have opened the set with it but oh well) Then going into watchtower then into TERRAPIN SUITE!!!! the full terrapin, i was actually rapping with a dude earlier before the show telling me that we were gonna get a full terrapin and he was right, and then fire on the mountain one of my favorites of all time, morning dew, we bid you goodnight, uncle johns band, just fucking incredible! didn't get out of the theater till about 12:30 the boys were going at it all night long! One thing i do wish they woulda changed up was the encore... yeah touch of grey is a good song and i can see why they did that but a china cat>know you rider>eyes of the world that was my hoping for an encore and i probably woulda shit my pants if they did that!!! Hoping to see if they're gonna be coming back to indy for the spring tour, gotta finish up high school before i get onto the touring scene. To everybody going to NYE have an amazing three night stand to ring in the new year, probably will catch up with you guys on the summer tour!
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Re: Best show on the fall tour?!

#90392 2 years, 11 months ago
High School is for losers. Sell your bike, steal your mom's purse and get tickets for New Years.

Just kidding. Stay in school, earn money and tour in comfort.

Glad you saw a great show. In my limited experience, the best one is always the next one. So keep on truckin' and dive into the archive to hear all the great shows out there.

So glad someone your age has been ignited, because that is what keeps the flame burning.

Happy Thanksgiving.
theuch24
Junior Boarder

#90393 2 years, 11 months ago
hahahaha i just might do that, head out to San Fran for a little three day groovin! thanks for the advice! Hopefully gonna be able to go out on tour next summer!

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
GENTLEJACKJONES
Junior Boarder
Hmmmmmmmmmm

#90405 2 years, 11 months ago
Syracuse and Buffalo. Why you ask...cause i was there. The rest are just recordings. They were both killer shows though[disclaimer...IMHO].
The following user(s) said Thank You: i_be_sublime
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#90411 2 years, 11 months ago
Hey welcome to the forums brother! i am in a similar situation as well im graduating highschool this year and after the Chicago show me and my buds decided we must do summer tour. See you down the road man
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

#90440 2 years, 11 months ago
theuch24 wrote:
I was at the Indy show, which was my first dead show ever. Actually was at deer creek in 95 with my dad but i was only 1. But I've listened to most of the shows on archive but obviously since i was there i thought the Indy show was the best one out of all of them. The first set was fucking incredible! the energy was off the charts! Everybody smoking the grass and just straight up groovin, it was incredible, a great scarlet in the first set but my favorite from the first set was playin, they really brought it all out for it, But the second set.... holy shit opening with mountain song (Which i don't think they sould have opened the set with it but oh well) Then going into watchtower then into TERRAPIN SUITE!!!! the full terrapin, i was actually rapping with a dude earlier before the show telling me that we were gonna get a full terrapin and he was right, and then fire on the mountain one of my favorites of all time, morning dew, we bid you goodnight, uncle johns band, just fucking incredible! didn't get out of the theater till about 12:30 the boys were going at it all night long! One thing i do wish they woulda changed up was the encore... yeah touch of grey is a good song and i can see why they did that but a china cat>know you rider>eyes of the world that was my hoping for an encore and i probably woulda shit my pants if they did that!!! Hoping to see if they're gonna be coming back to indy for the spring tour, gotta finish up high school before i get onto the touring scene. To everybody going to NYE have an amazing three night stand to ring in the new year, probably will catch up with you guys on the summer tour!

I know, I just finished listening to that first set, well almost, hot damn, my dogs could feel the energy coming through me and we just kept going and going. Let's hope they got some of that righteous energy in the tank for NY's run.
JOE DANGLE
Junior Boarder

#90490 2 years, 11 months ago
Was at 5 of last six and feel that Wisconsin was the most balanced (energy,tightness,dissonance,flowing set-list and mix). Great show all the way around. Meratt was surreal to me. I had many dreams of seeing the dead in a venue as small as this one. Strangely enough, Phil was on the same side in my dreams. Great show, although Bob seemed a little distant and not very connected. Perhaps he was a little under the weather : ) Close to colossal but, just shy of Bobs leadership.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#90552 2 years, 11 months ago
theuch24 wrote:

this was my "Mantra" at your age....
(it served me well)

(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#90555 2 years, 11 months ago
Weak wheelie but what would I expect Here was my "mantra" at that age:

Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds, funky420
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#90560 2 years, 11 months ago
Quickly I learned and adopted this as my mantra:

Time to create page: 0.27 seconds