• Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

High Times Cannabis Cup Raided in Amsterdam

#90261 2 years, 9 months ago
www.cannabisculture.com/v2/content/2011/...Cup-Raided-Amsterdam (has a

By Jeremiah Vandermeer, Cannabis Culture - Wednesday, November 23 2011

CANNABIS CULTURE - Amsterdam police are in the process of raiding the High Times Cannabis Cup for the first time in its 24-year history.

Cannabis Culture received several messages from Cup-goers this morning, warning that police have swarmed the location and are searching people before letting them leave and confiscating marijuana.

A video sent to CC by an attendee of The Cup show a police officer looking at a table while an announcement over the loud speaker talks about the police entering the building and says in English: "You need to leave the building through the exits. When leaving the property, you will be subjected to a search by police [inaudible] of the opium act."

!

Early reports of the raid are already hitting Twitter and the rest of the Internet.

Former CC Editor Dana Larsen (who wrote an article about the Cup for the Vancouver Sun this year) is giving updates as it happens on his Twitter account.

"Huge crowd of #cannabiscup attendees waiting to get searched on their way out of the cup." he wrote. "Police officer told me they investigated yesterday, saw some booths giving out weed & breaking other rules. So now the event is shut down."

Another of his posts says, "Everyone will have their buds confiscated but no-one will be charged or fined. This is the first time this has happened in 24 years."

Watch CC for more information.

Visit the High Times Cannabis Cup website.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: GKB
GKB
Senior Boarder
'Seems like i been here before"

Re: High Times Cannabis Cup Raided in Amsterdam

#90270 2 years, 9 months ago
Holy Crap!!! they were warned this year that this might happen. The whole "tourist" MJ biz is getting shut down in the Netherlands, Rotterdamn and a few other cities have shut the MJ shops down completely. They should hold the cup in Colorado next year!!
"If you get confused just listen to the music play"
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#90272 2 years, 9 months ago
wow - I was actually suprised that the 'medical marijuana cup' or whatever they called it in the US didn't get shut down, didn't expect this over there but I wasn't considering the new tourism thing going into effect either.
Chester
More or less in line

#90274 2 years, 9 months ago
GKB wrote:
Holy Crap!!! they were warned this year that this might happen. The whole "tourist" MJ biz is getting shut down in the Netherlands, Rotterdamn and a few other cities have shut the MJ shops down completely. They should hold the cup in Colorado next year!!

There's no doubt, this event will never be the same after this. I can't imagine they'd go back next year.
Amsterdam has shot itself in the foot with this new law. They're going to lose millions in tourist revenue.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#90275 2 years, 9 months ago
GKB wrote:

Here's a link to an interesting article from one of the judges, a self proclaimed gangaphile.

www.vancouversun.com/health/ganjaphile+r...m/5750914/story.html

I like this guy, just based on this quote: "I doubt I'll be voting for a winning strain, I usually take 3 kinds of marijuana and two kinds of hash and blend them into a single fat joint. However, all the ganja I've tried here so far has been excellent. From heavy, dense Indica buds to long, fluffy Sativa varieties, everything has burned clean and been potent and tasty. Some recent favourites have been the G-13 Haze, Godzilla, Blue Cheese and the Vanilla Kush. Many coffeeshops have free samples of their bud and hash entries for judges."

Read more: www.vancouversun.com/health/Opinion+ganj...y.html#ixzz1eYxFCA6h
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#90313 2 years, 9 months ago
being a cali. resident, i am really concerned about the DEAs raids out here.
i thought Obama said he would not let the feds. step in if the state has blah blah blah...it will go to the supreme court.
hopefully soon.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#90339 2 years, 9 months ago
I was there 4 years ago, won the bong contest, see below about the 5 min mark when I do my master blast to win the contest. My compettion was weak but it was all in good fun, nobody got hurt, they made tons of cash from all the munchies we had after. I dont think I will go back there knowing that I might be subject to a search. Its really sad to see the Dutch going backwards. I know this is ALL politically motivated as they never cared before, I even bought shroom at the smart shops there. What is wrong with the "Powers That Be, or better yet, what is right with them???

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="www.youtube.com/embed/8BLmBA19qh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Bili
Junior Boarder
Burn Baby Burn

#90370 2 years, 9 months ago
I was there last summer...Shrooms are illegal but truffles are not. Peyote and san pedro widely available.....Had no problems smoking on street or waiting for a train. I guess in the last few years there have been a number of tourist related problems/accidents with students tripping and families have stepped in and demanded more responsibilities from smart shops, so there was a crack down on psychedelics and magic mushrooms are made illegal. Psilocybin containing truffels could still be purchased though without problems.
Carl
Junior Boarder

#90373 2 years, 9 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
being a cali. resident, i am really concerned about the DEAs raids out here.
i thought Obama said he would not let the feds. step in if the state has blah blah blah...it will go to the supreme court.
hopefully soon.

Im in the same boat. Barry said that shit just to remain favorable among progressives and young people and get elected in 08'. He is now straight up allowing the federal prosecutors to do what they are doing now. just one of the reasons why me as a liberal hates him.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#95141 2 years, 9 months ago
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds