• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Thanksgiving Dinner!!

#90328 2 years, 9 months ago
Definitely grateful for Furthur, the concerts I got to see, this forum, and the great folks I got to meet as a result of all of this.
Happy thanksgiving.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ablebaker, SunshineSue, rockinbob
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#90329 2 years, 9 months ago
My Momma Bear is making a HUGE spread for 23 peeps combined of family and friends. She really does NOT like to cook but as we get ready to move she decided to have one last blast of family awesomeness at our home. She is cooking 2 Turkeys, Mashed Taters, Cranberries, LOTS of Stuffing, Gravy, Beans, Cornbread, Yams, and of course my favorite Pumkin Pie to top it all off. I will have exactly 5 weeks from Thursday until the NYE run in San Fran to burn it all off and get my dancing soul shoes back on. I hope my Furthur family has a WONDERFUL SMILING Holiday! I am certainly going to knowing I am going to try for 50 shows next year! Namaste my friends, have a GREAT Holiday!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#90331 2 years, 9 months ago
Gratitude is a perfect word my dear friend Chester! I am very Grateful for exactly the same reasons! Well Put my friend! have a GREAT Holiday and hope to meet you SOON!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#90332 2 years, 9 months ago
Im thankful for my 3 beautiful kids. Furthur for supplying the soul touching music. This forum for the outlet. The food that will fill my belly.

I would encourage everyone to do one thoughtful thing for those that don't have. My mom actually died the day after Thanksgiving 8 years ago and she used the meal on wheels service. So each Thanksgiving my family delievers 25 meals to the people that don't have it or need that help. HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
GOOD LOVE
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by brokenarrow.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#90334 2 years, 9 months ago
i am thankful for (in no particular order): life, consciousness, awareness, my family, my senses, my health, friends, furthur, marijuana, this message board

this list goes on....

spending the day at my aunt and uncles place, lots of folks gathering. going to drink craft beers watch football and eat like there's no tomorrow
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#90347 2 years, 9 months ago
I'm always assigned by Mom-in-law to do the baked corn....It's a simple recipe, but a key ingredient to the overall meal so there's a lot of pressure.

Mimosas and cinnamon rolls are a morning tradition in our household.

Thanksgiving always makes me think of the Last Waltz. Which you can hear here. Have a good one everybody.

www.wolfgangsvault.com/the-band/concerts...ovember-25-1976.html
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#90354 2 years, 9 months ago
I to am grateful for Furthur and any incarnation of the GD for that matter, including all the ones I never seen cause the music they made will live on forever. I am so grateful for the archive and all the music that is available to listen to online, soundboards especially. Also this board and whole community in general, family, friends, job and all that stuff, of course psilocybin and a bunch of other stuff
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#90356 2 years, 9 months ago
were staying home this year me and the wife and the kitten gonna do a small turkey,homemade mashed taters,stuffed mushrooms green beans,brocolli with garlic,pumpkin pie wife makes all this .i make a sausage,apple stuffing .we also got figs we wrap with prosciotto di parma and gorganzola, melts in your mouth,sweet dry italian sausage, assorted cheese n crackers got some ham steaks but dont think im gonna cook em also bought some small apple ,cherry ,blueberry pies they are tiny ,lots of great wines from this summers trip to the finger lakes and we got beer as well, some really good cigars for me too.we will be eating left overs for some time to come but its once a year.plan on watching football and feasting all day/night walk around the yard a bit ,having a smoke to burn some calories .also plenty of fresh apples and pears just to give the illusion of eating healthy i want to wish everyone here a happy thanksgiving.hope you all have a great day and get home safe remember to watchout for the other guy out there on the road,and if your that "other guy" take a cab dont drink and drive the life you save may be your own
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
scrltbg
Junior Boarder

#90382 2 years, 9 months ago
Boy oh boy, reading about everyone's feast is making my mouth water!

My task this year is green bean casserole. I hate mushy canned beans so I buy fresh and steam them in chicken broth. Meanwhile, fry up some good thick peppered bacon and chop it up, then saute up onions and red peppers in a little of the grease, deglazing pan with a little white wine (with a little for the cook...ah, who's kidding who, a lot for the cook! ). Mix everything with the roasted garlic mushroom soup and french fried onions and a little milk and soy sauce and bake. Then I add cheddar cheese for the last 10 minutes of baking. Certainly not the healthiest thing, but calroies don't count on Thanksgiving, right?

My aunt's going to hate it, because she grew up with mushy veges and that's what she likes. But I figure she can make it next year, I'm probably not going to be there because I'm moving out west come January.

Thankful for: my wonderful mom and sister, friends, my dog, good food, wine, music, art, and sex, my good luck in life so far, and the good ole' Grateful Dead vibe!
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#90398 2 years, 9 months ago
We go to a thanksgiving service at a historic church where my wife and I were married. Great memories and re-energizes our gratitude. noon we start with some apps to pick on while the bird is cooking. I am smoking it again this year basted with maple and sage. One of the treats i make is an olive spread. Black oil cured olives, calamata lives, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper basil pureed then spread on toasted fresh crusty bread. WOW!!! Different cheeses, italain meats (Sopressata, prosciutto, capicola, salami) I will crack open a new bottle of Single Malt Scotch and sip all day until Turkey is done, (6 hours). Then have a full turkey dinner.

Grateful for all i am blessed with. Wife, kids, friends here on this board at at home. Good music from the boys and Sunshine, all of this brings a smile to my face!!!!
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds