• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1493

Re: Songs Furthur Has Played but Didn't Last Tour

#90525 2 years, 10 months ago
From Setlist.com:
07/23/11 (Sat) Mann Music Center - Philadelphia, PA

Set 1: Sittin' on Top of the World, Greatest Story Ever Told, High on a Mountain, When I Paint My Masterpiece, Reuben and Cherise, Loser, The Last Time, Quinn the Eskimo

Set 2: Shakedown Street > Man Smart, Woman Smarter, Any Road (1), Playing in the Band > Help on the Way > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower > Playing in the Band (reprise) > Death Don't Have No Mercy, In the Midnight Hour E1: Fool in the Rain (2) E2: One More Saturday Night

Comment: (1) George Harrison cover, only played once before by Furthur (12-30-10)
(2) Led Zeppelin cover, only played once before by Furthur (4-01-11)

They do make mistakes, since ANY ROAD was played 2x previous to this show. The first time was at MSG last year. I emailed them back in the summer to point out the mistake, but it was never corrected.

I like Setlist.com, but nobody is perfect, and everyone makes mistakes.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6476

Re: Songs Furthur Has Played but Didn't Last Tour

#90568 2 years, 10 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
From Setlist.com:
07/23/11 (Sat) Mann Music Center - Philadelphia, PA

Set 1: Sittin' on Top of the World, Greatest Story Ever Told, High on a Mountain, When I Paint My Masterpiece, Reuben and Cherise, Loser, The Last Time, Quinn the Eskimo

Set 2: Shakedown Street > Man Smart, Woman Smarter, Any Road (1), Playing in the Band > Help on the Way > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower > Playing in the Band (reprise) > Death Don't Have No Mercy, In the Midnight Hour E1: Fool in the Rain (2) E2: One More Saturday Night

Comment: (1) George Harrison cover, only played once before by Furthur (12-30-10)
(2) Led Zeppelin cover, only played once before by Furthur (4-01-11)

They do make mistakes, since ANY ROAD was played 2x previous to this show. The first time was at MSG last year. I emailed them back in the summer to point out the mistake, but it was never corrected.

I like Setlist.com, but nobody is perfect, and everyone makes mistakes.


not sure about that. if my memory serves me well, st louis 2010-11-11 was the first any road
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Chester
Moderator
Posts:33396
More or less in line

Re: Songs Furthur Has Played but Didn't Last Tour

#90582 2 years, 10 months ago
The "Furthur songbook" site has it listed as 11/11/10. So wlewis is right. But it says it was played 3 times last year,
and 3 times this year, with the last performance on 11/18/11.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1432
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: Songs Furthur Has Played but Didn't Last Tour

#90623 2 years, 10 months ago
gdrew817 wrote:
Fair enough! Sorry for the misrepresentation. According to Setlist.com (which is usually a pretty good source), Phil Lesh was part of the lineup for the "Private Show", but I stand corrected. I'll make sure I'm more diligent in my research next time. Thank you.

wlewis: Here is where I got the Foxy Lady Jam from:

09/18/09 (Fri) Fox Theater - Oakland, CA
Set 1: Jam > The Other One > The Wheel, Jack Straw > The Music Never Stopped > Bird Song > Born Cross Eyed > Let It Grow

Set 2: Lost Sailor > St. of Circumstance, Althea, Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain, St. Stephen > The Eleven > Foxy Lady Jam > Terrapin Station > Not Fade Away, E: Touch of Grey


The best source would be listening to the shows yourself!! I was also at this show and don't remember a foxes lady jam dthough it doesn't mean it didn't happen but ill go listen to my copy of the show and try and remember.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1432
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: Songs Furthur Has Played but Didn't Last Tour

#90625 2 years, 10 months ago
..there is an extensive list of setlists on this website
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Dire Wolf.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:1023
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Songs Furthur Has Played but Didn't Last Tour

#90643 2 years, 10 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
Furthur has not played Desolation Row...
Thankfully. I want them to start playing like it's the 80s like I want to be mugged and have both my hands shot off at the wrists with a .38. (and I was there for the 80s and enjoyed it a lot)
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:1023
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Songs Furthur Has Played but Didn't Last Tour

#90644 2 years, 10 months ago
sugarmagnolia1982 wrote:
I would like to hear them play Ratdog's Money for Gasoline.

11/19/2011 Alliant Energy Center, Madison, WI
I: Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion, I Need a Miracle > Wang Dang Doodle > I Need a Miracle, Althea, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, Money for Gasoline, It Must Have Been the Roses, Throwing Stones, One More Saturday Night
II: China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider, Jack Straw, Unbroken Chain > Viola Lee Blues > King Solomon's Marbles, Death Don't Have No Mercy, Bertha > Good Lovin
E: Black Muddy River
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder
Posts:8141

Re: Songs Furthur Has Played but Didn't Last Tour

#90797 2 years, 10 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
Furthur has not played Desolation Row...
Thankfully. I want them to start playing like it's the 80s like I want to be mugged and have both my hands shot off at the wrists with a .38. (and I was there for the 80s and enjoyed it a lot)


not sure what you mean there - I'd love for them to bust out Desolation Row
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1493

Re: Songs Furthur Has Played but Didn't Last Tour

#90843 2 years, 10 months ago
I was at the MSG shows last year, and they definitely played Any Road. Below is from Setlist.com, so they list it as having been played, but later on they mention that the 1st ever Any Road was at BGCC (when actually it was the 3rd I believe).

11/21/10 (Sun) Madison Square Garden - Manhattan, NY

Set 1: Truckin' > Cumberland Blues Any Road Viola Lee Blues Cassidy > Eyes of The World So Many Roads Going Down The Road Feeling Bad

Set 2: Born Cross-Eyed > Wheel > Weather Report Suite > Time > Let It Grow > Unbroken Chain, Morning Dew > Playing In The Band, E: Brokedown Palace


Lineup: Phil Lesh - bass
Bob Weir - guitar & vocals
Jeff Chimenti - keyboards
John Kadlecik - guitar & vocals
Joe Russo - drums
Jeff Pehrson - vocals
Sunshine Becker - vocals

Source: Tucker, Sabrina and Loon


This show has an average rating of 4.27 out of 175 votes.
Rate this show:
Weak Below Average Average Above Average Excellent
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1493

Re: Songs Furthur Has Played but Didn't Last Tour

#90846 2 years, 10 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
I was at the MSG shows last year, and they definitely played Any Road. Below is from Setlist.com, so they list it as having been played, but later on they mention that the 1st ever Any Road was at BGCC (when actually it was the 3rd I believe).

11/21/10 (Sun) Madison Square Garden - Manhattan, NY

Set 1: Truckin' > Cumberland Blues Any Road Viola Lee Blues Cassidy > Eyes of The World So Many Roads Going Down The Road Feeling Bad

Set 2: Born Cross-Eyed > Wheel > Weather Report Suite > Time > Let It Grow > Unbroken Chain, Morning Dew > Playing In The Band, E: Brokedown Palace


Lineup: Phil Lesh - bass
Bob Weir - guitar & vocals
Jeff Chimenti - keyboards
John Kadlecik - guitar & vocals
Joe Russo - drums
Jeff Pehrson - vocals
Sunshine Becker - vocals

Source: Tucker, Sabrina and Loon


This show has an average rating of 4.27 out of 175 votes.
Rate this show:
Weak Below Average Average Above Average Excellent


IT WAS A SICK SHOW!! 4.27 DOESN'T DO IT JUSTICE.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds