• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: Songs Furthur Has Played but Didn't Last Tour

#90376 2 years, 11 months ago
Also if you're start your post by just saying Furthur. And then claim specifics a few posts down is probably why people are confused. Try and be specify off the bat next time...some us are real nitpicking deadhead just like you so we take statements literally if you say Furthur it means all incarnations of the band not just the most recent
gdrew817
Junior Boarder
All I Leave Behind Me Is Only What I Found

#90446 2 years, 11 months ago
It's actually pretty self-explanatory in the title... people just like to shoot others down rather than say "Hey, Thanks for the info, I learned something today" .. I've noticed. Funny.

WLEWIS -- Here is when they played I Second That Emotion:

03/13/10 (Sat) St. Regis Hotel - San Francisco, CA
Set 1: I Second That Emotion, Good Morning Little Schoolgirl, Walkin’ Blues, The Race is On, Turn on Your Lovelight, That’s What Love Will Make You Do, Sugaree, Not Fade Away
sugarmagnolia1982
Junior Boarder

#90447 2 years, 11 months ago
I would like to hear them play Ratdog's Money for Gasoline.
I think Furthur played it at the Greek in 2010 I can't quite remember.
Oh it would also be nice to hear Easy to Slip and Here Comes Sunshine.
NYE can't come soon enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the love that you missed
All the people that you can't recall
Do they really exist at all
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#90448 2 years, 11 months ago
gdrew817 wrote:
It's actually pretty self-explanatory in the title... people just like to shoot others down rather than say "Hey, Thanks for the info, I learned something today" .. I've noticed. Funny.

Set 1: I Second That Emotion, Good Morning Little Schoolgirl, Walkin’ Blues, The Race is On, Turn on Your Lovelight, That’s What Love Will Make You Do, Sugaree, Not Fade Away

that was also a private party for Phil's 70th birthday
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#90450 2 years, 11 months ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
gdrew817 wrote:

that was also a private party for Phil's 70th birthday

and the line up was a little different, Phil didn't play - but its still interesting that they played those 2 songs
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#90457 2 years, 11 months ago
gddrew- it's not that anyone is trying to be a jerk. if you're going to post something like that it's got to be correct, otherwise you'll get an onslaught of comments from know it all types like myself.

second that emotion and TWLWMYD were not performed by furthur. that was a private party for phils 70th with molitz on keys jackie greene on bass and grahame on guitar.

when was the foxy lady jam?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#90486 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm sorry gdrew. Thank you for the info. I swore they played desolation row. I didn't know they played that's what love will make you do. I love that song. My bad. Thank you
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#90487 2 years, 11 months ago
Sorry if I am missing something, or just confused, but when did Furthur ever play My Brother Esau?
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
gdrew817
Junior Boarder

#90514 2 years, 11 months ago
Fair enough! Sorry for the misrepresentation. According to Setlist.com (which is usually a pretty good source), Phil Lesh was part of the lineup for the "Private Show", but I stand corrected. I'll make sure I'm more diligent in my research next time. Thank you.

wlewis: Here is where I got the Foxy Lady Jam from:

09/18/09 (Fri) Fox Theater - Oakland, CA
Set 1: Jam > The Other One > The Wheel, Jack Straw > The Music Never Stopped > Bird Song > Born Cross Eyed > Let It Grow

Set 2: Lost Sailor > St. of Circumstance, Althea, Scarlet Begonias > Fire On The Mountain, St. Stephen > The Eleven > Foxy Lady Jam > Terrapin Station > Not Fade Away, E: Touch of Grey
gdrew817
Junior Boarder

#90515 2 years, 11 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
Sorry if I am missing something, or just confused, but when did Furthur ever play My Brother Esau?

They haven't played My Brother Esau , they played a Brother Esau Jam:

02/11/11 (Fri) 1st Bank Center - Broomfield, CO
Set 1: Jack Straw > Me & My Uncle, Loser, Big River, Must've Been the Roses, Deal (1) > Black Throated Wind, Brown Eyed Women

Set 2: Weather Report Suite Prelude > WRS Part I > Let it Grow, Mountain Song > I Know You Rider, Dark Star > China Doll, Playing in the Band, Help on the Way > Slipknot! > Franklin's Tower, E: Liberty (2)

Comment: (1) with Brother Esau jam
(2) before Liberty, Phil says "This one is for the people of Egypt"
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds