• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
gdrew817
Junior Boarder
All I Leave Behind Me Is Only What I Found

Songs Furthur Has Played but Didn't Last Tour

#90245 2 years, 8 months ago
Here's the list of songs Furthur has played in the past, but did not show up in the recent NOVEMBER tour (85 total):

Alice D Millionaire, Hard Rain's A Gonna Fall, Around and Around, Me & My Uncle, Brother Esau Jam, Mexicali Blues, CC Rider, Might As Well, Candyman, The Race is On, Corrina, Picasso Moon, Cream Puff War, Rosemary, Dancing in the Streets, Ship of Fools, Dark Hollow, The Stranger, Queen Jane Approximately, Memphis Blues, Don't Ease Me In, When You Wish Upon a Star Instrumental, El Paso, To Lay Me Down, Hey Jude, Tons of Steel, Satisfation, Something, Feelin' Alright, Walkin Blues
Takes A Lot to Laugh Train To Cry , What's Become of the Baby, It's All Over Now, Whiskey in the Jar, Jack A Roe, Why Don't We Do It In The Road, Little Red Rooster, When I Paint My Masterpiece, Maggie's Farm, Hurricane, Women Are Smarter, I'm A King Bee, On The Road Again, Foxy Lady Jam, Strawberry Fields, Gloria, Senor, Eclipse, Get Back, Midnight Hour
Till The Morning Comes, Two Djinn, Nobody Girl, Chest Fever, Silvio, Come Together, Fool In The Rain, Like A Rolling Stone, I Second That Emotion, That's What Love Will Make You Do, Muli Guli, Quadlibet for Tenderfeet, The Faster We Go Rounder We Get, We Leave The Castle, Sage and Spirit, Unusual Occurances in the Desert, Sandcastles and Glass Camels Sunrise
William Tell Bridge, Seven Hills of Gold, Train In Vain, I Fought the Law, Fever, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Oh Darling, Spoonful, Elevator, Octopus' Garden, Because,Blue Sky, Roadrunner, Sun King, Carry That Weight, The End, Her Majesty.

Songs Furthur has never played (let the speculation for NYE begin!):

Baba O'Riley, Never Trust A Woman, Gentleman Start Your Engines, Ballad of a Thin Man, Oh Babe It Ain't No Lie, Got My Mojo Workin, Believe It Or Not, Me & Bobby McGee, Heaven Help The Fool, Blackbird, Rain, Hey Pocky Way, Blow Away, The Rub (Ain't It Crazy), Broken Arrow, Samba In The Rain, You Win Again, Tangled Up In Blue, I've Been All Around This World, She Belongs to Me, If I Had The World to Give, Childhood's End, Simple Twist of Fate, KC Moan, Chinatown Shuffle, Sing Me Back Home, Keep On Growing, Victim or the Crime, Lazy Lightning, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, Desolation Row, Take Me to the River, Money Money, Easy Answers, Visions of Johanna, Monkey and the Engineer, Cats Down Under the Stars, Mr. Charlie
Eternity, We Can Run, My Brother Esau, Werewolves of London, Foreever Young
Big Boss Man, Hand Jive, October Queen.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Songs Furthur Has Played but Didn't Last Tour

#90264 2 years, 8 months ago
There's some that have been played that's in you not been played list. I think more can help you out but I know they have played desolation row
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#90267 2 years, 8 months ago
I sure would like to hear them do "Believe it or Not"

I'm surprised that they have not yet done Baba O'Reily or Tomorrow Never Knows. Those were great GD encores in the early 90s.
gdrew817
Junior Boarder
All I Leave Behind Me Is Only What I Found

#90269 2 years, 8 months ago
23atwell wrote:
There's some that have been played that's in you not been played list. I think more can help you out but I know they have played desolation row

Can you elaborate a little more? But for your information, this incarnation of Furthur has never played Desolation Row. You can check the "Otherones.net" website under "Songbook" and also Setlist.com. Do a search for "Desolation" and nothing turns up. I could be mistaken, and apologize if I am, but I believe I am correct.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#90271 2 years, 8 months ago
23atwell wrote:

Furthur has not played Desolation Row...
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#90281 2 years, 8 months ago
Played Its all over now baby blue in charlottesville. It looks like gloria almost got played as an encore but cut it.
GOOD LOVE
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#90314 2 years, 8 months ago
I would assume they do some more GD tunes in 2012, with rehearsals for bustouts starting after Thanksgiving.

Then again, I wonder how long it takes these musicians to get tunes down pat? 3-4 months? They have some pretty tight transitions.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#90343 2 years, 8 months ago
[quote="gdrew817" post=90245]Here's the list of songs Furthur has played in the past, but did not show up in the recent NOVEMBER tour (85 total):

Alice D Millionaire, Hard Rain's A Gonna Fall, Around and Around, Me & My Uncle, Brother Esau Jam, Mexicali Blues, CC Rider, Might As Well, Candyman, The Race is On, Corrina, Picasso Moon, Cream Puff War, Rosemary, Dancing in the Streets, Ship of Fools, Dark Hollow, The Stranger, Queen Jane Approximately, Memphis Blues, Don't Ease Me In, When You Wish Upon a Star Instrumental, El Paso, To Lay Me Down, Hey Jude, Tons of Steel, Satisfation, Something, Feelin' Alright, Walkin Blues
Takes A Lot to Laugh Train To Cry , What's Become of the Baby, It's All Over Now, Whiskey in the Jar, Jack A Roe, Why Don't We Do It In The Road, Little Red Rooster, When I Paint My Masterpiece, Maggie's Farm, Hurricane, Women Are Smarter, I'm A King Bee, On The Road Again, Foxy Lady Jam, Strawberry Fields, Gloria, Senor, Eclipse, Get Back, Midnight Hour
Till The Morning Comes, Two Djinn, Nobody Girl, Chest Fever, Silvio, Come Together, Fool In The Rain, Like A Rolling Stone, I Second That Emotion, That's What Love Will Make You Do, Muli Guli, Quadlibet for Tenderfeet, The Faster We Go Rounder We Get, We Leave The Castle, Sage and Spirit, Unusual Occurances in the Desert, Sandcastles and Glass Camels Sunrise
William Tell Bridge, Seven Hills of Gold, Train In Vain, I Fought the Law, Fever, Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Oh Darling, Spoonful, Elevator, Octopus' Garden, Because,Blue Sky, Roadrunner, Sun King, Carry That Weight, The End, Her Majesty.

when did furthur ever play "i second that emotion" or "that's what love will make you do"

"Unusual Occurances in the Desert" "Sandcastles and Glass Camels" were played. they are the 2nd and 3rd movements of blues for allah

when was the foxy lady jam????

how many more times do you think they'll repeat "wish upon a star instrumental"?? HAHAHA...i actually remember it from orlando but it was not what one might think, very subtle but perfect
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#90344 2 years, 8 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
I would assume they do some more GD tunes in 2012, with rehearsals for bustouts starting after Thanksgiving.

Then again, I wonder how long it takes these musicians to get tunes down pat? 3-4 months? They have some pretty tight transitions.

they're good to go after one day of working on it
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#90374 2 years, 8 months ago
wlewis wrote:
patchmyfurthur wrote:

they're good to go after one day of working on it

They are "professionals." Plus they've all got nasty chops to begin with even before furthur
Time to create page: 0.89 seconds