• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Best Blues for Allah by Furthur?

#90404 2 years, 9 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
maybe its just me but while listening to the most recent one from monday night on archive, near the end I think the last extended jam - I could swear I heard slight similarities to one of the jams in Floyd's 'Echoes'. Not like they were stealing riffs or anything like that I just thought I could hear it when I listened deep.

I wasn't tripping either, though I may have been pretty baked. Maybe I ought to listen again and be more specific....

I need to go back and listen for it, but you're not the only one that noticed it (though you still may have been pretty baked! ):

michaelnmyers wrote:
At the end of blues for allah before they came back to, they teased Echoes by Pink Floyd...
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, rockinbob
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#90412 2 years, 9 months ago
There's a fair number of similarities between those two tracks, IMO.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, rockinbob
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#90433 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
alright the deed has been done i have listened to all 4

they really just got better successively. first being the weakest, most recent indy being the strongest

the first one at furthur fest is one i witnessed..it was sweet but we knew they were playing it, and the intro was kind of sloppy, and it sounded a little too other one-y for me..coney was a little better but not by much, seemed like it lacked direction....philly was excellent minus the intro vocals being mumbled but it really goes out there, that was my favorite of the two i was lucky to catch. what was also so wild about this one is it just dissipated into the refrain of terrapin station, and after a couple go arounds right into the backend with the terrapin flyer, VERY COOL...this indy one takes the cake though, it's just prime. they sound so tight and confident doing it. that is what lacked on the previous versions, the confidence in a song like this. jk's solo has direction, not senseless noodling. russo is incredibly tight but loose at just the right moments. i can only imagine how much eye contact was going on between the band members during this number. phil and bob provide the strangest combination of licks that just allow jk to explore the deepest pockets of the song...they do mess up the one verse coming out of the first extended jam...it's not a big deal, this song is near impossible to perform perfectly. i sure wish i could have been there for the intimately set blues for allah

really hoping they dive in again for NYE

Personally, I think this song should be more about the spacey, loose jam and not so heavy on drums. Other than that, I agree with mostly everything you said.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#90451 2 years, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
maybe its just me but while listening to the most recent one from monday night on archive, near the end I think the last extended jam - I could swear I heard slight similarities to one of the jams in Floyd's 'Echoes'. Not like they were stealing riffs or anything like that I just thought I could hear it when I listened deep.

I wasn't tripping either, though I may have been pretty baked. Maybe I ought to listen again and be more specific....

I need to go back and listen for it, but you're not the only one that noticed it (though you still may have been pretty baked! ):

michaelnmyers wrote:
At the end of blues for allah before they came back to, they teased Echoes by Pink Floyd...

I knew it couldn't of been just me!
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds