• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

Best Blues for Allah by Furthur?

#90221 2 years, 9 months ago
Out of the few they have done, what is your favorite? I like the Indy one, but it didn't get spacey enough for my liking (we are all critics).
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Best Blues for Allah by Furthur?

#90266 2 years, 9 months ago
I'm partial to the Mann but that's the only one I got to see. It was plenty spacey, though.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#90323 2 years, 9 months ago
i'll have to listen to them all again to make any kind of comment, i'll get back to you. i saw 2, listened to 1 on recording, and the indy one i have not listened to at all.

patch---not spacey enough? i almost find it hard to believe, it's one psychadelic tune! but i'll get around to this one hopefully tonight
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#90324 2 years, 9 months ago
The one in Brooklyn was pretty psychedelic
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: deadegad
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#90335 2 years, 9 months ago
I will take INDY BY AFR! I guess I am partial as I was there inside the energy which was absolutely unbelievable! I heard the other versions, but I am sticking with Indy as I was there and it was one special night period.
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#90336 2 years, 9 months ago
FAR!! I meant BY FAR!! Lol.. I need a spellchecker!
Darkstarrz
Fresh Boarder

#90351 2 years, 9 months ago
I was at the show at The Murat Center in Indianpolis and i have to say The Blues for Allah was a great one. The whole atmosphere was smoking at that show. My seat was in the upper balcony and if i stopped dancing for a moment, "which i only did a few times" You could feel the whole floor of the old balcony pulsing up and down. I think they might need to check the old place for structual damages after that show. I kinda thought i should keep dancing so i wouldnt feel it. The Blues for Allah was a great one of the tour. The whole show had great moments. Cumberland Blues and Terrapin Station were also very very good versions. Whata a Show***
"Skin The Goat"
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Darkstarrz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#90378 2 years, 9 months ago
alright the deed has been done i have listened to all 4

they really just got better successively. first being the weakest, most recent indy being the strongest

the first one at furthur fest is one i witnessed..it was sweet but we knew they were playing it, and the intro was kind of sloppy, and it sounded a little too other one-y for me..coney was a little better but not by much, seemed like it lacked direction....philly was excellent minus the intro vocals being mumbled but it really goes out there, that was my favorite of the two i was lucky to catch. what was also so wild about this one is it just dissipated into the refrain of terrapin station, and after a couple go arounds right into the backend with the terrapin flyer, VERY COOL...this indy one takes the cake though, it's just prime. they sound so tight and confident doing it. that is what lacked on the previous versions, the confidence in a song like this. jk's solo has direction, not senseless noodling. russo is incredibly tight but loose at just the right moments. i can only imagine how much eye contact was going on between the band members during this number. phil and bob provide the strangest combination of licks that just allow jk to explore the deepest pockets of the song...they do mess up the one verse coming out of the first extended jam...it's not a big deal, this song is near impossible to perform perfectly. i sure wish i could have been there for the intimately set blues for allah

really hoping they dive in again for NYE
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, SunshineSue, rockinbob
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#90387 2 years, 9 months ago
As always my good friend Wlewis has just the right words to explain the versions and nuances just perfectly! THANKS! I am still buzzing from Indy and they were the MOST confident I have ever seen with JK BLAZING like I have never seen. Touch Of Grey topped it off when JK was right there when Bob forgot the 3rd verse opening line. In earlier shows he has not been so quick to jump right in but Indy and really this whole tour has been different. He now knows he belongs and we all win for it. I CANT WAIT until I get my CD in the mail from Gnomes and Hobbitts and also for NYE as it is really going Furthur than before and so are we.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#90403 2 years, 9 months ago
maybe its just me but while listening to the most recent one from monday night on archive, near the end I think the last extended jam - I could swear I heard slight similarities to one of the jams in Floyd's 'Echoes'. Not like they were stealing riffs or anything like that I just thought I could hear it when I listened deep.

I wasn't tripping either, though I may have been pretty baked. Maybe I ought to listen again and be more specific....
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds