• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Widespread Panic Takes Action Against Scalpers

#89434 2 years, 11 months ago
Another hot topic in the past. Looks like a good idea, but I can see some real problems with this. No more miracle tickets? No tickets unless you have a credit card?

www.jambands.com/news/2011/11/15/widespr...ion-against-scalpers

Widespread Panic is talking action against scalpers. Tickets to the band’s extremely intimate, final pre-hiatus shows in Atlanta, GA, Denver, CO and Silver Springs, MD will only be available in a paperless non-transferable form. A message from the band reads, “In an effort to ensure fans have secure and convenient access to these event tickets at the original sale price, we will be using Paperless NON-TRANSFERABLE Tickets for Atlanta, Denver and Silver Spring, MD. On Sale is this Friday. Please read the ticketing information on the website carefully. Credit Card sales only. NO CASH SALES. You will NOT receive hard printed tickets in advance.

“You will need your ID and CREDIT CARD USED FOR PURCHASE at the entrance each night to gain admission to the venue. You MUST arrive at the entrance to each show with your entire party (this includes you and all tickets associated with your order – up to 4 total) for everyone to be granted admission at once. More details on the website…”

Panic’s final stateside electric show will take place in Charlotte NC on New Year’s Eve.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Re: Widespread Panic Takes Action Against Scalpers

#89442 2 years, 11 months ago
You raise some good points in the long run. But this sounds like a one-off for a special show. So I think its a good idea.

We all know the game is rigged for scalpers, so how else do you shut em down?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#89450 2 years, 11 months ago
sounds like a good idea, as long as the venues arn't to big, since obviously it will take longer getting in but I always go in early so it wouldn't bother me. If Furthur does any more shows at a place like Best Buy or even real nice semi-small places like Radio City, it would be nice for them to do something like this - since those are the shows scalpers make out best on.

It felt good being in unfilled venues this tour knowing theres plenty of scalpers that had to sell tickets less then face and eat their losses ....... hopefully this tour discouraged a lot of scalpers from wanting to buy Furthuir tickets in the future
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#89453 2 years, 11 months ago
I think thats great. It wouldn't be as convenient if it was done as a permanent thing. But still, their just trying to make sure everyone that goes to the show pays a fair price. Scalpers would have dominated these shows otherwise.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#89505 2 years, 11 months ago
i like the idea anything to thwart the scalper scum is a step in the right direction as for miracle tickets,meh not a big deal to me,but it says you can buy4 tickets and all have to walk in together so i suppose you could miracle someone they just have to walk in with ya
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#89517 2 years, 11 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
i like the idea anything to thwart the scalper scum is a step in the right direction as for miracle tickets,meh not a big deal to me,but it says you can buy4 tickets and all have to walk in together so i suppose you could miracle someone they just have to walk in with ya

even if they didn't make you walk in together and you just had to wait til the day of show to get tickets, i think it would be hard to scalp them because generally scalpers lose money right before a show but who knows...it is nice to see a band take a proactive approach to making sure these special shows are enjoyed by the real fans
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds