• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Grateful Dead Movie in the Works

#89431 2 years, 11 months ago
There may actually be two movies in the works, if I understood Gary on Tales from the Golden Road this weekend. Here's some info on one of them, from jambands / relix

www.jambands.com/news/2011/11/18/gratefu...d-movie-in-the-works

Entertainment agency powerhouse International Creative Management has just revealed its intentions to package the music of the Grateful Dead for a narrative film. Heading the efforts will be ICM agent Bruce Kaufman, whose previous efforts include packaging 20 re-recorded songs from The Beatles for Across the Universe. Kaufman will work with the group’s archivist David Lemieux and Mark Pinkus, GM of Grateful Dead properties at Warner Music Group’s Rhino Entertainment. ICM indicates that “this marks the first occasion that the team has allowed unprecedented access to the Grateful Dead’s music archives, with the full cooperation and support of the band.” We shall see what ensues (Julie Taymor, director of Across the Universe is free these days, now that she’s not working on the Spiderman musical).

As for the Grateful Dead, back in 2005 the group’s longtime publicist and official biographer wrote an essay entitled “My Jerry,” which has just posted to Relix.com.

-----

I believe the 2nd movie is supposed to be about Jerry (don't quote me) - SF
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
GENTLEJACKJONES
Junior Boarder
Hmmmmmmmmmm

Re: Grateful Dead Movie in the Works

#89564 2 years, 11 months ago
They should release Sunshine Daydream. Best live Dead movie I've ever watched. Simply out of hand from the playing to the crowd to the Pranksters and their insane commentary/trippy graphics. The dude behind Jerry and Bobby is in the ZONE and is worth the price of admission. Just 1x I'd like to get that high and groove like nobody was watchin'! If you haven't seen it it's on youtube. I think it is like 1:32 long. Excellent sound and seriously funny as hell at times.
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#89669 2 years, 11 months ago
it would have to be more detailed then the Lord of the Rings...& in 4 parts...

Pigpen
Keith
Brent
Vince
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#89676 2 years, 11 months ago
They definitely need to release Sunshine Daydream.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#89679 2 years, 11 months ago
thats a bad ass picture of the man ! looks like hes got a shade of blue in his eyes. pretty dead on stare. thought jerry had Brown eyes
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds