• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Stormcrow
Junior Boarder

Re: Phil Lesh and Friends in Colorado in February

#90234 2 years, 7 months ago
I'm afraid Phil will announce he's retiring at New Years.... and that there will be farewell shows with the "Friends" in Colorado. Betcha THAT would sell Broomfield out!
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Stormcrow.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#90236 2 years, 7 months ago
Slewfoot wrote:
I've heard Ratdog will be joining... If that's true, someone needs to explain why it makes sense to bring two bands to a non sell out run vs Furthur - who would sell out two of the three. Regardless, everyone I know has no desire to see anything but Furthur. Call us myopic

I think his solo run is a lot more likely, but if it were going to be Phil and Friends with Ratdog then I think I'd just have to make the trip out there. Jeff is in Phil n Friends for the Christmas Jam but not in the rumored line up for CO, maybe cause he'll be in Ratdog? (I seriously doubt it but thought I'd just point that out anyway)

where did you hear that rumor? - I would love it, I just don't see it happening

--- I was just thinking, "why the hell wouldn't Jeff be able to play in both bands?" ..... so my above thought dosn't really make much sense about Jeff not being in Phil and Friends.....
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by MushroomMan.
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#90455 2 years, 7 months ago
Stormcrow wrote:
I'm afraid Phil will announce he's retiring at New Years.... and that there will be farewell shows with the "Friends" in Colorado. Betcha THAT would sell Broomfield out!

You must have missed the news that Furthur is touring in '12. This was announced by Gary Lambert on the Tales Frim the Golden Road Sirius show a couple weeks ago. There are already dates in the books for Spring.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Slewfoot.
JanieLee
Fresh Boarder

#90661 2 years, 7 months ago
Can't wait til the Q gets to Cali!
bdog
Junior Boarder

#90794 2 years, 7 months ago
will announce tomorrow on sale monday via frontgate
www.kimocklist.net DJA 3/21/42-3/19/11
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by bdog.
Xonk
Junior Boarder

#90799 2 years, 7 months ago
Only looks like one show so far. . . I guess we'll see on Monday

http://furthur.frontgatetickets.com/index.php
Stormcrow
Junior Boarder

#90806 2 years, 7 months ago
Three shows are planned.... here's the link for Thursday... furthur.frontgatetickets.com/choose.php?...=62216&eid=70682 and Saturday... furthur.frontgatetickets.com/choose.php?...=62216&eid=70682
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#90822 2 years, 7 months ago
I think this is an idea to keep things fresh and not suffer burnout namely Sunshine and Jeff who have families and other bands that need their love in order to keep Furthur going for the long term. I personally am saving for the spring tour as I know 2012 will be Furthur's biggest and busiest year to date. ( I HOPE! ) This lineup ( Phil & Friends ) looks very interesting and FUN, but bring on the NYE run, then we look to 2012. All is good, Phil and Bob now have COMPLETE BALANCE in all facets of their lives which enables us to go FURTHUR! So very GRATEFUL!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds