• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

Re: Phil Lesh and Friends in Colorado in February

#89422 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm pretty sure that Jackie will be on keys, or other stringed instruments, for most of the time. I think they got him because he plays multiple instruments and is such a great singer. There is certainly no need for a third guitarist with Scofield and Warren in the mix.
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#89455 2 years, 11 months ago
at the xmas Jam december 10th the Phil & Friends line up will be Phil, Warren, Jackie Greene, Jeff Chimenti and Joe Russo -- wonder why he left Jeff out in CO.... I'm sure they will all be good shows

I bet Bob does his solo shows around that time - I've actually been thinking that even before this feb Phil and Friends rumor. A few weeks ago somebody on this board said they called the Pittsfield box office which told them there is a date confirmed for Bob's solo show there but they can't announce it until december. Hopefully it's true...
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#89492 2 years, 11 months ago
I'd like to see the bobby shows around this time...maybe i could catch one to hold me over til spring tour (which will hopefully be more toward may )
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
mstrpce420
Fresh Boarder

#89557 2 years, 11 months ago
1STBANK CENTER

Artist: Phil Lesh & Friends feat. Jackie Greene, John Scofield, Warren Haynes, Joe Russo (www.myspace.com/philandfriendsofficial)
Special Guest: TBA
Date: Thursday, February 16, Friday, February 17, and Saturday, February 18 2012 – 8:00pm
Venue: 1STBANK Center
On Sale Date: Friday, December 2, 2011 – 10:00am
Public Announced Date: Monday, November 28, 2011
TICKETING: www.tickethorse.com
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#89578 2 years, 11 months ago
i'm really not sure about this. it is just strange that they'd go to that venue for 3 straight nights. furthur couldn't even sell it out for three, a phil and friends lineup won't even real in 1/2 sales for 3 straight nights i don't think. it would certainly be cool. i am diggin a vibe this might be when furthur rolls back through there...

although everybodys schedule looks kind of free during that time...

supposed announcement on monday 11/28

edit: i guess it is also worth mentioning that there has been another instance of a false phil and friends announcement within the past couple months
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by wlewis.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#89800 2 years, 11 months ago
^^^i heard somewhere on one of the boards that AEG would rather have a half full Broomfield than let Livenation promote the show, so there could be some politics involved and i also remember someone saying that Broomfield was capable and supposed to carry different sized shows...all of this is recycled information from what i remember so take it how it is
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#89849 2 years, 11 months ago
When thinking about sales, I'd consider the different fan bases. You have Phil (GD fans), Warren (ABB, Mule fans), and Greene (Jackie fans). I could imagine this coming close to, if not definitely, selling out.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#89867 2 years, 11 months ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
When thinking about sales, I'd consider the different fan bases. You have Phil (GD fans), Warren (ABB, Mule fans), and Greene (Jackie fans). I could imagine this coming close to, if not definitely, selling out.

i see what you're saying. makes sense. i saw phil and friends many times in the past 10 years. i only saw them play an "arena" a few times. none of them were even close to being sold out. those bands had jimmy herring, warren haynes, jackie greene, hell, even trey came once and it didn't come close to a sell out. i guess we will see. this is an interesting rumor keeping many folks on their toes
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#90175 2 years, 11 months ago
I've heard Ratdog will be joining... If that's true, someone needs to explain why it makes sense to bring two bands to a non sell out run vs Furthur - who would sell out two of the three. Regardless, everyone I know has no desire to see anything but Furthur. Call us myopic
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#90224 2 years, 11 months ago
I for one would LOVE a PNF/Ratdog double billing. Some of these fans (PNF and Ratdog) don't like JK on guitar in Furthur, so again as I have said before- different strokes for different folks and may still result in a sell-out show (fans of multiple musicians attending). But is it really about selling out?

I would just be jazzed to see the solo bands coming back. Hopefully RD has Rob Wasserman.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds