• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

Phil Lesh and Friends in Colorado in February

#89343 2 years, 9 months ago
I heard Gary Lambert confirm on yesterday's "Tales From the Golden Road" that Phil and Friends will be playing on February 16,17,18th at 1st Bank Center in Broomfield, CO. and that the band will include Joe Russo, Warren Haynes, John Scofield, and Jackie Greene. Who's going?

I am somewhat bummed that Furthur won't be doing those dates, but at the same time I'm sure these will be great shows. It is interesting that Phil decided to go with Joe Russo instead of John Molo. I guess he's really enjoying being in the Furthur rhythm section with Joe!!
Without love day to day insanity's king
WayfaringDreamer
Junior Boarder

Re: Phil Lesh and Friends in Colorado in February

#89363 2 years, 9 months ago
Anyone else hear this?
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#89371 2 years, 9 months ago
I did not, but I would hope it's just for this run and not a year/years long thing.

Furthur has too many new songs to just give up now.

Phil always likes switching things up, though, so I am sure this is just for a random 3-night excursion to do something new. Bobby probably doesn't wanna do anything in the early spring, so Phil called up a few old Phriends and Furthur will be back in late spring!....mehopes
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by patchmyfurthur.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bow4bass
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#89378 2 years, 9 months ago
I'm not bummed at all that I will be missing those shows, Warren Haynes doesn't do it for me, in less it's his band
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#89379 2 years, 9 months ago
When I first heard the rumor I didn't believe it. However, the more info I get the more true it seems to be. If the shows happen I'm definitely going.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#89388 2 years, 9 months ago
23atwell wrote:
I'm not bummed at all that I will be missing those shows, Warren Haynes doesn't do it for me, in less it's his band

I would agree, but I have been rethinking this. Warren with Phil is great. PNF 2000-2003 was awesome. Warren with Phil, Bob, Mickey, and Billy didn't quite agree with me.

While I hope Furthur doesn't enlist Mr. Haynes (or worse, have "The Dead" reunite), I would not be opposed to seeing Phil play a few nights with different players. This includes Warren.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#89397 2 years, 9 months ago
As I said in another post, I think this is Phil's version of Bobby's solo acoustic shows. I've always loved Phil & Friends and this looks like a particularly strong line up. If I lived anywhere near Colorado, I'd be there in a heartbeat.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#89410 2 years, 9 months ago
To many cooks in the kitchen methinks. For those who don't know scofield is a world class beast of a MF on guitar. With Jackie in the "bobby" slot I guess they got Warren for vocals ( I like Warren despite what many haters say).... I think Scofield with Joan would be fantabulous. BUt the double lead guitar thing.. is meh......
WayfaringDreamer
Junior Boarder

#89414 2 years, 9 months ago
Maybe Jackie will be on keys.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#89419 2 years, 9 months ago
I agree, things could get messy with three guitars on the stage. But I think Phil will be sure to direct the musical traffic in a way that works.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds